I love my Wagon!!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by jonnyboy0150, Oct 14, 2006.

1. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I traded in my ol bugeye and picked up a new 06 WRX Wagon yesterday morning!! I already love it! I am so glad I decided to go with aspen white because it is soooo sexy!! I already debadged the trunk and put my old Hella Supertones on it!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You need to change you avitar now.

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

congrats man! pics!

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Congrats I love mine too!!

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations buddy

6. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Congrats Man...Wagons are cool...I love mine very much...

Mark

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats awesome!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

new av! & congrats :)

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Aspen white is the best color for subarus, hands down. Wagons are the shit, so an aspen white wagon is the best WRX you can get.

10. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks guys! Ill try to get some pics for yall tomorrow!

11. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

congrats

12. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks, I added pics to the first post!!

13. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Very nice!! Looks really sharp and clean! I would love to get an 06, but I am enjoying my lil bugee and when I look at the price tag I can't justify spending 10k more on an 06 when that same 10k could produce one hot bugeye! I like the wagon though bro! Congrats!!

14. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Nice car, can't wait to get to see it in person.

15. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Yayyyy!!!! Another wagon!!!!!! We rule and everyone else wishes theirs was like ours. At least in my imagination. An old buddy of mine has an aspen white 06 wagon and it looks great so I already know exactly how happy you are. Enjoy your new turbo grocery getter.

16. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

nice-congrads, John!! thanks for the plugs!!

17. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks guys! Glad you like the the plugs Scott!!

18. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

What are you going to do next? (to the car that is)

19. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Im contemplating what springs to buy at the moment, there's a thread about it in the suspension section.

At this point, I'm trying to decide between the Espelirs, Eibachs, and the Tein H-techs. Then, after I get all that figured out, I need to decide on shocks. Looking mostly at the AGXs or the Tokico D-specs. There's just so many options!

As far as the overall plans for the car, Im going to take care of the suspension first. Doing springs and shocks next, then a Whiteline rear strut bar with quick release. So far Ive done Cobb front and rear sway bars. I also tinted the windows last week to 15%. Performance wise, I wont be doing much for a while. Im taking a different route than I did with my bugeye. In the near future, I cant see doing much more than a catback (I want the Cobb CBE or Invidia N1), and possibly a little Ecutek sometime down the road.

20. MarkM2016GTI

Hey John...Nice Pics...This is only the 2nd 06 white wagon I have seen in the club. There is a girl named Taylor, here is Kennesaw, who has one also.....H-Tech's FTW....LOL...

Mark

21. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Pics of your car are what turned me onto the H-techs! How do you like them ride/performance wise??

22. MarkM2016GTI

I am extremely happy with them John...I highly recommend them....
    Kevin..SkullWRX has the Espelir's and he said that they are really good too...I would have gotten those if I hadn't have gotten the Tein's. I hope that you can find the right one that you like and I also love my Whiteline Quick-Release strut bar that is wagon specific...

Mark

Mark

23. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

I like the look of your car too, Mark. I have the Wagon specific STI pinks and they just don't really lower the front end enough for me. It's far better than it was stock but still not enough for me. Let us know how the Teins treat your struts. I might consider picking up a set b/c I think I know where I could get some really cheap. Also, how are the Tein in respect to bounciness. I love the spring rates of the pinks. Leaps and bounds better than stock.

24. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I ordered some springs from Sakari the other day!

I want some wheels too, but I dont have any money...So I photoshopped the drop and some wheels. Black Rota Torques....

[​IMG]

What do you guys think of the proposed look?
    Im a PS amateur BTW.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  25. Weapon

very nice!!!

26. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I think it's a good look....are you planning on doing a Panda theme to it....to tie in the black somewhere else?

27. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Yeah, I wanna do a V-Limited lip (probably a fake one) and possibly some other little touches. I might do some blacked out headlights, but Im not too sure about it. I definitely want to do this front bumper trim piece, I think its super clean...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  28. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Oh and by the way, Ive recently gotten the windows tinted to 15% and I bought Mike's (Liquidforce) TurboXS axle back.

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

get the wheels :)

30. Alex

Wait on the trim piece, we're currently in the works of producing a WRXatlanta.com version! Also, 10th St JDM can help you with the headlights and any other interior bits you're after :D

31. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

What the bald man said!

I didnt want do go with a panda theme on my car but got a deal on the wheels. Dark wheels on white cars look really good. Delete the roof rails, drop it, add the wheels and it'll look amazing.

32. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I lowered the car today! I looks and drives amazing! The S-Techs are quite low but driving comfort is maintained. The car needs to do some settling...the RF is about .25"-.5" higher than the LF.

One question...I installed the sway bars when the car was at factory ride height, should I loosen the sway bar brackets and reinstall them to allow them to be settled at the new height?

33. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Oh, I almost forgot, pictures will be taken soon!

34. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Recent Changes:
    --Window tint - 15%
    --Tein S-Tech Springs
    --Whiteline Rear Strut Brace

I really like these springs! The install was very simple and took about an hour. They lower the car considerably and evenly. They also maintain a fairly comfortable spring rate. I bought them knowing their reputation for shock blowing. I figured that by the time the shocks go (assuming they do), I will have upgraded to full coilovers. But chances are that the shocks will be fine, I don't drive super-agresssively.

As promised, here are some updated pics...

Side View
    [​IMG]

Front Wheel Gap
    [​IMG]

Rear Wheel Gap
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  35. Weapon

man..looking soo good! i knew you would be happy

36. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Update - Wheels and Catback...

Ive recently picked up some STi BBSs (thanks to TheRex) and a Magnaflow catback (thanks to ezio350). Here are some shots...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

37. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

Haha nice wheels! Last time I saw it, it was your birthday:coold:

38. Alex

Wow, that was quick! Now you need some headlight / tail light work ;)

39. TheRex

TheRex Member

damn you didn't waste any time did you

40. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

lookin goooood dude. i love the white on gold and it looks especially good on your wagon. good work.

41. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

looking good

42. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Car looks bangin bro keep it up..

43. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks everyone for all the comments! Looking forward to hopefully seeing most of you this weekend at batlground!

44. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

dang man that looks sick! im in envy haha

45. Trey

Trey Active Member

Looks sweet Johnny!

46. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks guys!

Next mods, when I get my tax return back, will probably be either an Accessport 2.0 or some Tein SS-P's or similar coilovers (depending on how much I get back).

47. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

wow...haven't been keeping up with this thread.....The wagon is look super clean man!!!! I like the gold/white look!!!

48. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I'm liking it too! Initially, I wanted to get these wheels and paint them black for sort of a panda theme. But the gold wheels are hella sexy! So I think im gonna leave them for now.

49. Looking oh so sweet! looks great man!...its just gonna get better;)

50. MarkM2016GTI

The wagon looks really nice bro....

Mark