I might be losing my job!!! who knows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Goose013, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Goose013

Goose013 Member

For the last 2 years my company has been contemplating closing the doors or being sold. The rumors have flown with rampant frenzy and tomorrow we have a mandatory meeting for the whole company to discuss our strategic direction....hmmm doesn't look good :eek3: they just sent us all an email while ago....it looked like a bunch of prairie dogs popping up out of their hole with everyone looking around lol. Update will follow at 10am tomorrow! yeehaw bitches!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

good luck man

3. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

that's sucks bro....hopefully it'll be for the better...or they'll get rid of some other peeps instead....

4. Goose013

Goose013 Member

yeah we're all crossing our fingers

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Good luck man, tomorrow may be my last day also got a meeting with my boss and his boss.

6. Goose013

Goose013 Member

update: they sold the company to another insurance co. and we basically have to interview for our jobs....just like "Office Space" lol. We will be going from about 400 people to around 150 in the coming months. Its not all bad though if it creates some new opportunities. Might be looking for a new job soon though.

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I know your management material!!!

[​IMG]

8. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I hope that everything goes well for you Russ....I bet you will be able to keep your job...Keep us posted...

Mark

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Same thing here except just the department. I was hoping on the new oppty. but within the next year other depts will be doin the same.and the new company Is NOT living up to standards (thought they could run things with less people/money etc. and learn everything in a week) so the contract may get revoked.

10. Goose013

Goose013 Member

don't ya just love the corporate rat race :rolleyes:

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

The key is to take steps to make sure that you're not stuck in it forever... unfortunately most never do. :(

12. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I'm only there because I have to be, not by choice. I need to work for a big company for the insurance benefits because of my health issues. It really sucks being tied down and not able to do what I really want to be doing.