I must be getting old...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Jun 13, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Took the DeathMachine(tm) out for a spin this evening. I just hate the fact that I don't enjoy bikes as much as I used to. They say that as you age, you become more aware of your own mortality; that's probably quite true, at least in my case.

Blasting down winding roads at breakneck speeds used to be nothing but fun. These days it's still fun, but I can't get rid of the nagging feeling that I'm just one squirrel or rock in the road away from death and/or dismemberment.

Maybe I should downgrade to something that requires a little more effort to go fast on. With 130+ ponies on tap and a very flat and fat torque band, all you have to do is flick the wrist in any gear and before long you're roaring down the road at highly illegal speeds. I mean, we are talking 0-60 in less than three seconds; 0-100 in something like six. While it's unholy fun while accelerating, you can't enjoy it for more than a few seconds at a time unless you're on a track or wide open road. At that point, you start wondering just what will happen if you get busted going 150+ on public roads.

I'm considering getting a smaller bike (perhaps another dualsport) and seeing if that makes the ride more fun... if not, I may just give it up altogether.

Anybody else here ride?

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I used to ride my dads bike, never got my license, just a learners permit. He sold the bike, so now I don't have as much to look forward to when I go home.

3. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I ride, but jussssssst sold my 2nd bike, looking to get a Sprint ST 2005, in the winter when prices are down or they are available used. Wish I had caught up with ya when I still had it!

What do ya ride?
    [​IMG]

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

[​IMG]