I need to write a speech using statistical support.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Nov 6, 2006.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

What do you guys think would be a good topic? I was going to do: It's more dangerous to talk on the cellphone while driving than being drunk but, there's too many variables, meaning like how drunk and stuff like that.

So what do you guys think would be a good topic? and nothing plain like smoking/drinking plz :p

2. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

hmpph, I'll think about a topic that has good stat back up.

for my public speaking course in college I borrowed a rooster from a farm and did my speach on cock fighting, but I don't think there is a whole lot of statistical support to any aspect of it. It was a fun assignment and sending the cock up in the elevator to the girls floors was a riot.

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

About 1 year ago a Motor Trend editorial put together some interesting statistics on work zone lower speed limits & deaths. Bottom line was it's a source of revenue. And almost all of those work zone deaths were people driving into heavy equipment.

4. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

oh you could do a report on how when people drive the speed most comfortable to them with strict passing law enforcement there are far less crashes.

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

The US government has some incredible amounts of statistics on all sorts of things... just browse their sites. :)