I think im going to sale my car.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Jan 6, 2006.

1. What would be a good starting price for an 03 wrx Cobb stage 2? 43000 miles.
    Perrin Intercooler kit, JDM Prodrive Sti guage cluster, 04 Usdm Sti front and rear seats, gfb stealth bov, 18" prodrive P1s Eibaci prokit springs, Helix turbo back exhaust and Helix uppipe. I think thats it.
    Just tring to see what people would think a good price for this would be.
    I think im gonna sale and get a White 04/05 Sti.

2. blink

blink Member

i would say, 14k, but its harder when the car is modded.. from my experience the price drops if your selling it to anyone but another modder, if its modded. if that sentence makes sense.

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i wish you were selling when i sold mine i would have bought yours. lol i miss my suby every day! im glad your upgradding insted of sellin out like me!

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

bugeyes arent holding their value as much nowadays. I'd agree with Blink, 14K sounds about right if even too high for a bugeye. Mods wont add anything to the value unless you sell to another enthusiast who will appreciate them.

I got my wagon last summer for 15K and that included almost 6K in mods.

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea 14-15k sounds right might can even get as much as 17k. Depends on who you sell it to really. I want to upgrade to an sti but i just dont have the funds so when my car is ready to be sold it will have like 150k miles on it. haha

6. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

I've seen 03 WRXs with 30000 miles selling for close to $19K. I would go by kbb.com. I think that $14K is a bit low. I was recently offered $15.5K from a dealer and mine is an 03 with 25400 miles. I say you could get closes to $17K at least, but I think in general mods devalue a car.

7. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

KBB Verdict: Private Party Value in "Good" condition is $17300 or so. Based on autotrader.com, this price seems feasible.

8. hmmmm.... well guess ill keep the car alittle longer...Oh well. looks like the next toys gonna be a bike.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Next toy is a bike eh? Which are ya looking at?

10. nothing big maybe a cbr600. ive never owed one before so im going to start off small

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

by no means is a 600 small dont let it be seen as that. You will surpised what that bike will be capable of.

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, I would not recommend a recent 600cc sportbike for a first bike. At all.

The bike magazine writers should be hung by their ballsacks for convincing an entire generation of new bike riders that a 120+hp 600cc supersport is a good 'starter' bike and really quite small.

13. what wouldbe a good starter bike....now keep in mind im scared to death of them. I just want one for nice days and i dont like crusier im to damn small to be on one of those.

14. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Something from the 80s without a lot of plastic on them would be good. Maybe a more recent Suzuki GS bike or even an SV650 though that might be a little too much.

But before you get anything, sign up for the MSF class.

15. Yea im going to take the classes this summer and make sure i go into the bike thing the right way. To many of my friends have been hurt just gettin one and going. With the baby on the way i have more things to think about then just me now.

16. j69raw

j69raw Member

How about a older Kawasaki Ninja 250! Great learners bike. Looks OK too!
    You can find those pretty cheap! Plus you won't cry, when you drop it and believe me, you will drop it!

17. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Your in luck , my girlfriend has a Ninji 250. I think it's a 2002 model , like it matters they all look the same. She laid it down 1 time doing about 35 now she wants to sell it. I'll ask her tonight want she wants for it , i dont want to tell you something wrong.

18. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yes please do, i know 3 people that have been killed in the last 2 years. and they had at least a few years each under their belt... bad stuff.

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I PM'd emstraumajunkie earlier, but may as well post it here... In my opinion, it'd be pretty irresponsible to start riding a bike with a kid on the way, unless the wife signs off on it 100% and you ensure that she's provided for should something happen to you. It's a very, very dangerous pastime (I know, I've been riding for 16 years and love it), and you really need to be aware that every time you get on the thing it might be your last.

Also, budget some $1000 for good safety gear.

Edit: Here's something everybody considering riding should read... http://zrxoa.org/03Z1Rthreads/hitandrun.htm

20. Well my g/f brother wrecked his bike today so now the g/f is like its not going to happen till the baby is alot older. So im not gettin a bike anymore :wtc: . Oh well im now allowed to buy my vf34 and all the goodies for my car so im happy with that.
    But thanks for all the info giving on the price and bike.