I want a new car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, May 5, 2006.

1. ANd i think it might end up being a Supra..... I know i know im going away from the Subaru, but my g/f like the forester so i could end up with one of those. Hopefully this guy will come though and buy my car.

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Hmmm... how much are you lookign to get for your car?

3. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

do u take bits of strings? ;)

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

thought you needed a truck:)

5. My g/f dad said we can have his wk truck he got a new one. so i dont need that anymore. A guy siad he pay my car off if his bank will give him the money. Which probaly wont happen cause im upside down in the car by about 3k Which is the reason i was going to sale all the stuff off my car and put it back stock. But i should know if hes going to get it tomorrow.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well good luck man...my cars for sale too but i think the mileage might scare people a little bit. these things run forever though.

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I loved my supra and as soon as I get the insurance money from the last one.

They are awesome cars, it drives like a lexus, but its really fast. You have to be really careful when you are buying them. I highly recomend that you have the ones you are thinking about buying examined, by a shop that specializes in Supras. Obviously my prefrence is Batlground. I stood there and watched Dan pull a supra motor in under 1 hour. The man just knows his way around a supra.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek3: great googa monga!

9. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I've checked out several supras for people, just a few things to look for really, and some signs to look for. I know the 2jz pretty well, and just know what to look for on used cars. Best supras to buy in my experience are from older men/women that you can tell are car enthuesiasts and baby the car, they don't beat on the car much at all, and do all the required maitenence.

don't get a supra as a daily car though, sure it can be done and there are no probs with it, but it's best saved for the fun stuff, keep the miles down. That's just my 2 cents on it though. It does depend on what you want to do with it really.

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i dont think i would even try for a TT model, those are usually in the worst condition.

11. slowwrx

Dont buy one if your not going to get the twin turbo.

Matt

12. i want the TT and 6 sp. And ill wait it out till i find the one i want. i know with SUpras its going to take awhile but in time the right one will come up for te price i can afford. My soon to be wife agreed to the Supra because she reallllly dont wnat me to have a bike. But i dont think she is to sure of what a supras capable of.

13. slowwrx

If you will tell me what your looking for Ill keep my eyes open, I have people looking for one for me right now but the one I want if very specific.

14. Well if my cars sales I want a 6sp TT white or black perfer stock but BPU will be OK. WOuld much reather form and older person and mileage can very depending on the previous owner, and price depends i can see me paying around maybe 30 for one. i might go alittle higher just depending on the wife to be with that one.

15. slowwrx

How far are you planning on going with it. Are you thinking big single, small single etc..

Matt

16. Im not going to do much to it. Its just going to be my weekend fun car. Ill probaly do the minors mods and get a tune and be done with it. im not looking to hit massive HP numbers like some are. Ive just always like the SUpra and always wanted one and now that im older and can afford one i figure might as well make the last turner type car i buy the one ive always wanted.

17. slowwrx

If your not going to do much too it, lets assume a small single 61-67, exhaust aem, front mount, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc..

Just enough to get you to lets say 500hp on pump gas.

Try and find a stock one, when I say stock I mean completly, that way you can be sure no one else has screwed with it.

Its better in the long run.

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I remember trying to find a Supra back in the day. Damn that was pretty hard, most were unfortunatly stolen/vandalized cars :( Those that weren't were fetching 30k or more.

19. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i just saw a very clean supra, he wanted 47k and had 121k very clean but very exp.. :hsugh: