If you see a slow 09 GT-R on...

Discussion in 'General Community' started by totsubo, Aug 7, 2008.

1. totsubo

totsubo Member

If you see a slow (speed limit) 2009 Black Nissan GT-R on 85, 285 and 75, have no fear...
    I am doing an MPG test.

(Original Post: )If you see a slow (speed limit) 2008 White STi on 85, 285 and 75, have no fear...

I am doing an MPG test. I normally get around 17 MPG. So far, during my current test, the computer is telling 27.3. I will run the actual calculations tomorrow morning.

If you see me, just give me the middle finger so that I know I am loved. I will return the gesture. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Will do!

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

what speed are you testing? I usually do about 55mph on hwy.and being easy in city. my tank usually comes out to about 22-24mpg...280-310miles from full to light (about 40 miles left)..this is a stock 07lgt...good luck with your research

4. totsubo

totsubo Member

I am doing the speed limit or about 5 MPH faster. On 285 especially, because 55 is way to slow.

5. Eco Auto Clean

yea I don't go on 285 unless I'm contemplating suicide...haha...its soothing though going 55/60mph....its how winde?wind? down..hows that spelled??? lol...

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thats close to what I was getting on my 02 puttin my foot in it 280 drivin like granma 310+

7. Eco Auto Clean

yea def helps...and now that prices are coming down a bit that helps that much more!

8. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

hahaha...285 is suicide for you? not when me and matt are driving on it. :p

9. Eco Auto Clean

haha yea def not a fan of 285....ima 316/85 type of dude...lol...gwinnett county baby! hahaha

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

ive gotten 29.xx mpg on the way to fl once..

11. Eco Auto Clean

I got 27 from valdosta to gwinnett...that was mainly using cruise control. I think you can obtain better mpg using your foot...letting off going downhill..etc...but patience are needed for all that lol

12. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lol i find 285 okay but 400 is nuts to me, and i got 16.7 mpg last tank....=/

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

400 is Georgia Autobahn

14. FACE

FACE Active Member

:fawk:

Let us know how she did! I average about 17.5

15. totsubo

totsubo Member

Thanks all...

The numbers are in.

I got an actual 25.82 MPG while the computer said 27.0 at fill up. The range on the tank was 378.9 miles/14.676 gallons. I could have gone another 25 miles if I had used the whole tank.

That was in Normal mode. I am retesting in S# mode.

16. Dante

Dante Member

Good stuff! In my '08 I've been getting ~18-19mpg actual around town in S mode trying to drive nice and easy. Best tank has been 22.4mph on the Hwy but I'm sure i was doing 75-80 instead of 60-65.

Keep us up to date!

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

This thread is causing me to ponder why I own a 280 whp sports car with everyone driving a max of 5 over the speed limit, trying to conserve as much gas as possible and the trajedy of Atlanta traffic not to mention cops every square mile...................maybe it is time to revisit the Toyota Tercel 4efte swap

18. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

i avg 23 in the twin turbo.

19. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I average IDGaF normally everyday

20. FACE

FACE Active Member

^We all know that... ;)

I average 17.5.......:(

21. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

12.5 but only if the cops are chasing me

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm lucky to hit 20 mpg.....

:(

there's something wrong with my non-turbo impreza

23. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Nope you're:si: just driving like you are sitting on two testicles, keep up the good work brotha! Otherwise get a smart car and call it a day [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  24. Eco Auto Clean

haha smart car ftw! I'd buy one if there wasn't a 1 year to 1.5 year wait...11k and good crash test rating...70hp though..tad bit weak..lol

25. Trey

Trey Active Member

The smart car is dumb IMO. Same price and mileage as a Honda Fit which is bigger and will last longer. If the Smart car were 11k as said above or got 55 mpg then it would be a good buy.

26. Eco Auto Clean

smart car base is 11k up like 20k or so...its a lot more then good mpg...its the whole going green eco friendly part as well..most of the car is recycleabe.....also you can park two in one spot....just the perfect daily if you ask me....especailly with its crash test ratings which I'm sure blow the fits out of the water...

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

the hummer h3 is 85 % recyclable.

28. Trey

Trey Active Member

Maybe in Europe with their tiny city streets and towns but not in America.

29. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

id rather be in a fit when a jeep smashes in to me.

30. Eco Auto Clean

I can tell you being in an xb vs a f150 is not fun....haha k ending my thread jack now

31. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Lucky to get 19mpg... 3300 rpms on 400 every day kills me. I did get 27mpg on a high speed burn to Michigan on my last trip to see the 'rents...

32. schneid

schneid Member

anyone else check their mpg every tank? ive noticed mine has dropped 2-3 mpg in the last month or so and stayed consistent since. I was averaging ~24 mpg for months and months and now im averaging right around ~22 mpg. Driving habits havent changed. Daily routine hasnt changed. Im thinking more ethanol is in the gas lately?

33. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^Mine hasn't changed.. what brand do you use?

34. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i don't really have a single one i use, what do you use sonic?

35. Eco Auto Clean

I'm avg about 22 on this tank....i use 93 from qt....

36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

DUDE qt pumps just got 91 octane stickers on them!!!!!

37. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Ya-mean where the 93 is supposed to be? Hmmmmm not right

38. Eco Auto Clean

i'm lost..?? Got about 300 miles just until the light came on...woo! and it's been five days since i've filled up instead of 3 or 4!

39. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I try to use the SS recommended Shell/Chevron... but in a crunch I'll use QT and BP... Haven't really noticed a MPG difference in any of them..

40. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i average between 19-21 around town. Alot better then 15-16 my sti got heh.

41. totsubo

totsubo Member

OK, results are in again:

S# got me 26.1 MPG on the computer, and an actual 24.7 MPG.

I use QT Premium gas also. I forgot to check the latest octane level on the last two fill ups. But, yeah, they change from 93 to 92 to 91 once in a while.

My current tank reads 28.4 MPG in S# on the computer... I wonder if this will be my best MPG...

42. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

pissed me off! i saw the stickers there i remember them being 93=(!

prem is only 3.94 at the QT near my work too

43. Eco Auto Clean

holy crap dude...26.1 in sport sharp???? that is the most inefficent one correct??? you have intelligent, sport and sport sharp? I'm sure its set up just like the lgt...if so...geezus that's amazing..lol

44. totsubo

totsubo Member

BTW, who is the blue WRX that works in the QT up off of 120 loop and 75?

45. totsubo

totsubo Member

Sorry guys...

I could not help it. I got rid of my 2008 STi. :(

So, I need to change this thread to read:

"If you see a slow black GT-R..."

46. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

w t f.

you got a GTR?

How much was that?

whenever i hear stuff like that i just makes me want to sell the 3 and get a GTR =/

47. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Calling B.S., untill we see pics!

48. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

+2 for BS until proven otherwise :)

49. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Well when I can say that: "I just traded in my Bugeye for a GT-R" hell will be very chilly.

50. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

pics of gtr!

and i got 22 mpg on this tank. at 3.88/gallon no less! pretty good for around town in my car.