Improved Front Page Launched!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, May 31, 2009.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Great news! I finally had a chance to launch the improved front / splash page. For those who have never seen it...this is the page which appears when you simply type www.wrxatlanta.com into your browser. More "advanced" users tend to simply bookmark the "New Posts" or the like link(s). The intention of this page is to function as an informative but brief overview of what is occurring within our community.

The latest version of our front page features a much more "intelligent" layout. In addition, visitors now see the 10 latest threads in several seperate sections: Up Coming Events & Get-to-Gethers, Recent Member Journal Threads, Recent Parts For Sale Ads, Recent Off Topic Posts. "Vendor Deals" and "Recent Threads" blocks have been moved to the right hand side of the page, beneath the "User CP" block.

Thanks again,

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I always just hit the site and click new post. There really isn't any reason to show the top 10 in sections that haven't had any activity.

Maybe you could just go with the top 10 threads with the most recent activity regardless of section.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (storm: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Good point, I may drop it to 5. The forums displayed on the front page are the more active of the bunch. Point taken, thanks!

4. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i love the new front page... its much more organized... and easier to use in my opinion

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well I'm dumb. I posted something about this (or tried to) before seeing this.

Personally I don't really like it. I always just checked the front page, saw what was new, and went from there. It used to be a nice little summary. Now it's 4 sections long (and doesn't appear to cover every sub-forum). Guess I just have to change the way I surf...

Edit: Meh, nevermind. The "New Posts" page will just be my new bookmark. :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  6. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

after using a few days the onyl thing i can think of is that there should be a section at the bottom that has new post from teh sections that arent posted... seems like alot of threads are missed now to me....

btw im lazy and dont like to search just like to have it in front of me