Initial D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

;) sure would be nice to have the initial d series on dvd;) :cough: jason:cough:

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I'm working on it, burned the first 3 discs last night, will probably have all done buy Sunday night. Anyone else want copies while I am at it?

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

Do you want fan subs or the legit US versions. I have the fansubs. I got them a long time before it was availible here. They are not in a format that you can play on a DVD player but you can watch them on your PC as long as you have Divx

4. Weapon

deeveedee pleease

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

Well I have the entire 4th stage that isn't availible here at all. It hasn't even been licenced here yet. Its all fansubs. :D

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have Battle 1 thru 10 on DVD, I would definitely be interested in the unreleased copy that you have longfury.

7. Weapon

same here mr fury..since its unreleased ill take a copy if u have time to burn it

8. longfury

longfury Active Member

Well its not a DVD you can play in your DVD player though. Its all stuff I downloaded. You will have to play it on your computer and install Divx.

So you know 4th stage is the continuation of the events in 3rd stage. Its really good but its only 14 episodes and its going to end on cliff hanger like moment :mad:

The last 2 will be out next month.

9. Weapon

i cant wait to see it..the last one i saw was the one where they installed the tachometer in the hachi rochu and his annoying friend bought the lame version of the trueno

10. longfury

longfury Active Member

well thats in the 2nd stage. You still need to see the extra stage and 3rd stage. those are both OVA's(aka movies)

Then you will be caught up to the 4th stage. If your gonna be at the warehouse meet I can bring them then. I will probally be at Topspeed Sat if you wanna try and catch me there.

11. Weapon

so how many stages are there?

12. longfury

longfury Active Member

well

1st stage 26 episodes
    2nd stage 13 episodes
    3rd stage OVA(aka movie)
    Extra stage(its about the 2 girls from 1st stage)
    4th stage 14 episodes

They have plans for a 5th stage(or so some say) and the manga(comics) are WAY WAY WAY ahead of the animated series.

If you dig around i am more than sure you can find the manga and read all the way to the end. I am having trouble finding all of the volumes of the manga though. You may have to actually buy some of them. I warn you though. The manga is read right to left and not left to right.

Its a long series. Its a good one. The US dubs are horrid. The subs are much better and so is the music.

SPOILER ALERT

Bunta gets a GC8 :D aka WRX. :D:bigthumb:

13. Weapon

man i cant wait to sit down and watch this!!!

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Bunta makes Takumi look like a snail on Akina with that Scoobie :D

When do you wanna get these fansubs from me? I need to put them to DVD for archiving anyway.

You don't mind watching them on your computer do you? I can give you all of the series. Some of it is Chinese dubs with english subs. But i have everything i just need to burn it off.

15. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

My DVD player plays DivX...I would like copies too, if people have time.

16. longfury

longfury Active Member

I will make several copies. When and where do you guys want to pick them up?

17. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I hate to ask but what is initial d:confused: :confused:

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Anime about street racing, bad influence but highly entertaining

19. longfury

longfury Active Member

I can give you copies too :D

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

havent watched these in a while... i'd like a copy too...

by the way... initial d + beer = g2g

21. longfury

longfury Active Member

So is that 4 copies?

Miloman
    Weapon wrX
    WRXFan420
    married04wrx

I will be at the warehouse meet so i guess that will be the best time to give them out.

22. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Could I get a copy please?

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

much appreciated

24. Weapon

i can meet you anytime in the day..ill just take a long lunch..just tell me whats a good place to meet..somewhere between you and duluth/lawrenceville

25. longfury

longfury Active Member

I unfortunatly cannot take long lunches :(

Ok I have 5 now

Miloman
    Weapon wrX
    WRXFan420
    married04wrx
    GTscoob

Remember these are Divx files and will have to be either played on a PC or in a Divx compativble DVD player and thats not always gonna work.

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I was saying to Mike the other day that we should do an Initial D Marathon. I have the first 10 discs. It would be interesting to watch from beginning to current all in a day.

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

and get drunk while we're watchin

28. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

drinking is bad milo :hsnono:

29. longfury

longfury Active Member

Just an update....Initial D Fourth Stage is now 16 episodes instead of 14.

I have the first 12 the next 2 will be released in Japan in mid April.

April 16th for 13 & 14
    June 18th for 15 & 16

Edit #1:

As a bonus you will get a DVD will all of the Initial D mp3's I have. This is for you that like the music of the original series not the TokyoPoP CRAP.

Edit #2:

The master set of DVD discs(yes DISCS) are done. I will start duplicating these soon. I may try some dual layer DVD discs so I am not making 3 DVDs per person. Its 9.14GB of video. Its no wonder I have a full 300GB hard drive :D

30. Weapon

please..i will take a copy from anyone that is willing to give me some more anime

31. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I've got one of the soundtracks on my computer.

The only thing that sucks is that the Super Megamix whatever is just one 74min long mp3.

32. BelvnAWD

Audacity can easily fix that and its free....

33. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I'll see what I can dig up.

34. longfury

longfury Active Member

What do you like? I have several series. I will dig up a list when i am home.

35. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

36. BelvnAWD

Jason,
    Bring a copy tomorrow and I will trade you some blank discs....

37. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Do you just want the first 1 or all 10 DVD's, if it's just one, I can probably do that. If it's all 10, give me about 1 month.

38. BelvnAWD

I'll take the first one...

39. Weapon

still waiting on mine..do you need some blank dvds jason..i get a pretty good discount on em from my job..let me know

40. ptc075

ptc075 Member

Dude, I can't believe I missed this thread before. That's what I get for only checking the 'daily updates'. :/

Add me to the list of ppl who want a copy, I'll be glad to give you back some blank dvd+r's or whatever you need. Thx!

-Chris!