Injen CAI installed !!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by miloman, Mar 1, 2005.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

at 19psi this 'sucker' sounds BAD AZZ !!!!

2. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

cool! i have the k&n cai, but i would like to change it to a short air intake sometime in the future.

-drums

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Did you buy the Injen Intake from Papito(?)?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nope... got a new one... was a spur of the moment decision :D

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I'd say, did you get the car back from SoG?

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah... just today... car feels good with brakes again :D

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Did you get the bobcats or did you just go with OEM brake pads

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

OEM right now cuz they didn't have the bobcats in stock... they have ordered some for me

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

How much were OEM ones and how much were the Bobcats?

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

here's the fun part... brake pads are under warranty for 36k miles... my car has 24k miles... car showed no sign of abuse... do the math :D

i love SOG... thanks scott and neil...

also thats y i could afford a brand new CAI :D

11. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Good deal milo, I love my CAI. Mine is a AEM so I hade scott data log it for me and the intake is perfact. It pulls the way it should so that is prouf that there are more than just 2 good intakes for our cars. For anyone else who wants a kick ass intake I have an MRT

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

cant believe my car is actually louder now :D ... wonder if that solo2 noise level rule will affect me :confused:

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Milo, do you feel any power difference? Or is it just for a cool noise? Been thinking about getting one since I bought my car. Just want to make sure it doesn't hurt reliability and at least makes some power...

Buy the way, Carbotech's are awesome....hence, worth the wait.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it pulls real hard... maybe i think more so cuz it sounds sooooo fuckin cool... according to scott, its not supposed to be a big power adder though

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Definitely worth the wait...I had the opportunity to try them out on the track last week. Very nice!
    I think it was 2-5 hp?

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats what scott said... definitely more than 2-5 dB though :D

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah 2-5whp is about right.... but if it's across the band, that's a pretty good gain. i wonder what the wtq would be (which is more important to me)?

milo, just how loud we talkin' about? did scott remap for it, or was it just a bolt on?
    lisa ordered an injen for me and i'll be seeing them thursday for the 15k maint... so maybe... i'll drop one in, i'm just a bit concerned about the noise factor though :(

soldrums... i would talk to scott or neil before going short, word is that you suck lotsa hot air, kinda defeats the purpose.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

did not remap the ecu... nor did we dyno it... in terms of loudness, its definitely audible inside the car... it makes loud whooshing sounds when u get on it... if u plan to come hang out this thursday, i'll take u for a ride

19. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

blah, i have client stuff to work on for this week...

let me know next time you're down at SoG... I work by where Old Norcross Rd ends, so may take me 20min to get there tops.
    lol... i may just drop the damn thing in regardless.
    it'd be good to meet ya anyways.

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

next time i go to SoG will be when they get some bobcats in... i'll let u know

21. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i think it was my first time milo said "FUCKING COOL" Damn, so how COOL is it??? haha I'm trying to stop at CoBB stage2, but somebody's not helping me out~!!

If i see you this thursday, can i ride with ya for little bit?? Thanx

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hell yeah dude... it actually sounds like i have a BOV installed... can hear the stock bypass valve real loud now inside... wonder how clear it is on the outside

23. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I know you will like the injen, it was awsome when I had it install in my sti. If mines does not sell, might put it back in to see how it will run with the AP

24. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Yeah, I will. I need to find out all the mods done to my car. I have to call KPI and talk to Melvin or one of the other guys there. Also there are no gauges in my car. Would like to get my car tuned and dynoed. I want to know what my car is doing and how it's set up. It's really bugging me not knowing! It drives great from what i can tell, but i haven't driven any other modded WRX's. There is so much more i need to learn about my car.

-drums

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i recommend the ecutek data monitor... expensive but will give u everything u need to know

26. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

hey milo, if i went with ecutek would i still need gauges? like boost etc.

how much is it?

-drums

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The Dashboard moniter covers all of the necessary gauges, however it is not something you could just glance at an see how much boost you are pushing like a normal mechanical or electric gauge. You can see anything the ECU sees. Boost, Peak Boost, RPM and Peak RPM, Peak Speed, EGT, A/F, Oil Temp, Water Temp, etc... It is really nice, and fits perfectly looks wise in the car.

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

au contraire... i believe its real easy to read... the display updates 4-5 times a second so u can actually see the numbers before they change

29. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

nice! where did you get yours? and how much am i looking at price wise?

-drums

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i got mine at SoG... mine replaces the clock and costs $750... mike got the signle din one which can fit in a din slot if u have an aftermarket single din radio... his costed 680 i think... it allows u to monitor everything... so if ur planning on getting a lot of cheap gauges in the long run or a few good ones, u'll end up spending more than u would for the monitor

if u come hang out with us tomorrow, u could check it out

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yeah, he's like a little school boy with a new toy :rofl: :ddirty:

32. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

are you guys going to np & taco mac or doing the gt4 thing? my band is gonna practice tomorrow night but we may finish early so i could meet up with you guys later.

-drums

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

looks like its gonna be gt4

34. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I agree, its great. Very easy to look at while driving. It seems different at first but within a day you are used to it. I recommend it to anyone. If you think about it, Boost gauge $100 for a good one, EGT $200 for a good one, A/F or Oil Press $ 90-100 for a good one, +installtion comes out to about $500 bucks for 3 gauges. Ecutek ECU Data Monitor $680 for i donno I think 15-20 data monitoring posts. Thats just my opinion.

35. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Thanks for the info guys! I'll prolly go this route. Just need to save my money.

I'm going to try and make it tonight. Prolly get finished with practice around 10. See y'all there.

-drums