Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

*somewhat serious topic*

We all struggle with keeping a positive attitude with what life throws at us at any given moment. Some people on here know I've had a rough year so far. I'm trying to read at least one positive quote a day. So far it's worked pretty well. This thread is one way for me to keep up with some of the ones I like more than others. If anyone else wants to chime in, please do.

Also, if you know who wrote it, please add that to the post. Give them the credit they deserve. :)

Religious quotes are more than welcome as well. While I understand it's not for everyone, that doesn't mean it has to be excluded. You don't have to read every one if you don't like it/agree with the quote.

Negative comments in regards to quotes will be removed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Matt

The trouble with so many of us is that we underestimate the power of simplicity. We have a tendency it seems to over complicate our lives and forget what's important and what's not. We tend to mistake movement for achievement. We tend to focus on activities instead of results. And as the pace of life continues to race along in the outside world, we forget that we have the power to control our lives regardless of what's going on outside.

-Robert Stuberg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  3. Matt

“Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.”
    ― Christopher Paolini

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Psalm 23:6 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

-David

5. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

I live my life by this and this explains my personality to a tee.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
    -- Obi-Wan Kenobi

8. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

paraphrase

"Going thru Hell? Keep going."

-Churchill

9. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

"If you live through defeat, you’re not defeated. If you are beaten but acquire wisdom, you have won. Lose yourself to improve yourself. Only when we shed all self-definition do we find who we really are"

RZA
    Wutang Clan

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ I like the quote.. but I would prefer if the RZA never acted in a movie again. EVER. Staten Island accent mixed with Elmer Fudd is killing me. Ruined the Iron Fist movie.

11. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

I try to live by at least 2 quotes that stay close to heart.

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
    -Buddha

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    -Buddha

Then there is the one I wrote down.

Everyday is like page in a diary, We're all eager to see what the next page holds for us.

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.

-- Groucho Marx

13. Matt

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

14. Matt

“If you don't know where you're from, you'll have a hard time saying where you're going.”

-Wendell Berry

15. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

You gotta know when boost comes on, know where your foot is on the throttle, and know where the car is pointing. when boost happens otherwise it'll throw you for a loop.

-Guy for /Drive during Crawford BRZ drive

16. Matt

"Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once."

~Unknown

17. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

18. FACE

FACE Active Member

"Better to keep you mouth closed and be thought of as well a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it."

Abe Lincoln

19. Matt

You will grow through what you go through.

-Tyrese

Or

Don’t go through life, grow through life.

- Eric Butterworth

20. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Love it.

21. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

22. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

23. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

"I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Robin Williams (RIP)

24. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

This thread needs a serious bump.

Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.

–Kevin Kruse

25. b reel

b reel Active Member

If your car feels like it's on rails, you are probably driving to slow

-Ross Bentley