installed an alarm!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Feb 1, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i installed my first alarm today all by myslef! hahaha i was so excited. I did a keyless with security and starter kill on a 98 integra type R today. Was a lot easier than i thought.

Thursday i am doing a keyless+security, remote start, and turbo timer viper alarm on my car. I will hopefully be able to do wrx's/stis form then on.

2. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

congrats Brian. i've seen how many wires come with an alarm kit, and i wouldn't even begin to try and mess with it.

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

nice you did this at work b? how much do they charge to do an install like the one your doing on your ride. im getting one like it but not a viper. after my breakin i figured the best way to have it not happen again is to get an alarm with 2 way remote/pager. cool thing is most of those alarms have remote starters. i have the proper diagram for my vehical. zif you think you can doit on the side for some dinner or cash let me know ill be looking to do this in a few weeks.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hey jt best buys alarms prices are with install. I think your car has a bypass module that you need to get. We only install alamrs bought from us for insurance purposes. If you wanted to do it in the spring or summer i prolly could give ya a hand. Until i get a little more comfy i dont wanna f someones car up heheh.

5. jt money

the one im getting has a t harness that comes for inline ignition install no hacking needed. http://64.85.6.118/diagrams/diagrams.asp let me know i would much rather drive your way and pay you than someone from someplace i dont know.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

illl look at it on what we use but if it uses a t harness that should be plug and play. Send me what alarm it is and i will talk to my friend that is training me. We can prolly do yours soon. I know you dont want another break in.

7. jt money

8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

wow, JT that pager/alarm thingy seems to have everything and it looks cool!!!! nice choice i think.....