Installing d/p and blitz nur spec

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by scuby drew, Apr 11, 2005.

1. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

I am not sure if this is the right place for this so mods please move if needed, but i was wondering how difficult it is to do a hks dp install with a blitz nur spec cat back. How much time am i looking at spending on this and how hard is it really?
    thanks for all help
    Andrew

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Should not be to hard, the uppipe is the PITA. When are you planning on installing, post a date and time, and I am sure people will start chiming in that are willing to help

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i am in..if u want my help im there dood

5. scuby drew

awesome, where is the install day at on sunday? i will plan on being there. Thanks for all the help, i cant wait till sunday. Will i have any problems with getting rid of all three cat's in terms of engine lights coming on etc?
    thanks again
    Andrew

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have the helix dp with the high flow cat... i had no CELs... i drove it around for bout 2 months before getting ECUTEK

7. Weapon

depends..some cars throw cel's..some dont..kinda wierd:confused:

8. scuby drew

hmm, hopefully mine wont, but if it does how hard of a fix is it, or should i just leave it how it is because i am planning on doing eccutek in the near future.

9. Weapon

you can do a cel fix but ecutek will also take care of it..if u are getting ecutek soon i would just wait to fix the cel

10. scuby drew

cool, i will plan on doing that. i am also interested in doing a bov, but i posted about it on nasioc and got flamed like mad, any suggestions on which one to get?

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have the Forge 100% atmospheric and I love it. I also had one on my 02 WRX and haven't had any problems with either.

12. Weapon

i had a gfb %100 atmosphere and it was tight..just switched to the hsk ssq and love it even more..yea nasioc will rip you a new hole if you deviate from the hive..heres to you nasioc :ugh:

13. scuby drew

yea i was really glad to find out about this local forum from scott at SoG, i really wasnt enjoying browsing nasioc. so getting the 100% atmospheric bov doesnt cause any real problems?

14. Weapon

well its not good for your car but i have been running one for well over 20K miles and no problems unless you consider the occasional fireball coming out of the exhaust a problem..no the thing with a bov is that it makes your car run extremely rich for a fraction of a second. i have never heard of a problem that was specifically caused by a bov. some also say it could shorten the lifespan of the turbo due to a lot of air running back into the turbo but again i dont think anyones turbo has failed due to a bov. hope this helps a little

15. Weapon

oh yea..and this board rocks..everyone on here is really cool..hopefully we'll be able to meet up sometime at one of the events or get togethers.

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Just wait buddy. Scott is going to give you some crap about having a bov. He has a whole thing typed up about why they are bad for your car....

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

from what i heard, i chose not to install a bov in my car... plus since i have a cat, i dont want a fireball going through it... for those without cats, wouldnt the fireball go through ur turbo?

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Don't think so, not sure though, Nobody has mentioned seeing a fireball coming out my exhaust. Once I remove the resonator pipe and finally get my muffler on, yall with have to keep a lookout for me.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

mike's seen kris shoot big flames... i'd assume it ignites either before or within ur turbo because those are the hottest parts of the exhaust... or does it just heat up and ignite when it gets out of the muffler when more oxygen is available :confused:

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Kris shoots fireballs left and right.....

21. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i traded with weapon and got his gfb and converted it to a 50\50, im loving it. and kris u are not getting it back!

22. Weapon

ryu ken....yea the gases ignite after your turbo when more oxygen is available to mix with the gas fumes in your exhaust..fireballs are cool like jason..:cool:

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Aww, you are going to make me blush

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl: ... old school

25. Weapon

gotta love the street fighter series video games

26. scuby drew

so is sunday a definate go for install day? what time and place are we looking at?

27. Weapon

good question..i think if we have more than 2 cars to work on we should do it on milo's parking deck however if we are only going to be working on 2 cars we can use my place..milo's is much better for multiple people to hang out though..its a lot more spacious since its outside..
    edit:but we will have to ask milo

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no problem using my parking deck... i may not be here but amol will be here

29. scuby drew

cool, well i am definatly in for sunday, i will just need directions and anything to bring.

edit:eek:r sat will work for me as well