Installing Exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by RyanBlack99RS, Aug 18, 2009.

1. RyanBlack99RS

RyanBlack99RS New Member

Hey everyone,

Good news! My brother stopped by the other day and dropped off my COBB EL headers. I also bought a used Apexi N1 catback which should be arriving tomorrow via FedEx! I will be installing both this week, hopefully Wednesday if Subaru has the gaskets in stock. Question... Does anybody have access to a lift that I could possibly use for an hour or two to make my life easier??? I realize I am new to this site and I don't know anyone yet, but I figured it would be a good way to meet some of you, and I'm willing to bring the beverage of your choice. :) Thank you in advance.

Ryan

2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Only took me 30 min to do on the ground. I'd be more than happy to help.

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

If your talking about a lift that will get your car fully of the ground, than no i dont. You probably are, i mean, who doesnt have a regular lift laying around.

Exhaust+header should not be hard at all to install even if you dont lift your car fully of the ground.

4. RyanBlack99RS

RyanBlack99RS New Member

Thank you both. I've installed exhaust and headers on the ground before, I would just prefer to have a lift. I'm 6'8" tall so every little bit helps. :) calmnothing: not sure what you're up to tomorrow morning, or if you're up for driving to Lilburn, but if so your help would be greatly appreciated. You can reach me at 760-445-7811.

Thank you!

5. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I'm a double the next two days. I could help friday afternoon

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Jackstands are your friend?

Good luck with the install and welcome to the community :wavey:

7. RyanBlack99RS

RyanBlack99RS New Member

Thanks for the welcome Alex :)

I went to install the exhaust today and realized that my brother didn't bring the test pipe section with him from San Diego. Therefore... I was only able to install the catback, no headers. As to be expected, the fit from the stock exhaust manifold to the exhaust is not perfect and I'm 98% positive there is a leak.

I would prefer to go legal and have a catalytic converter, which brings me to my next point. Does anybody know of someone who has a catalytic converter section with 2.5" piping to go from headers to a catback that they are willing to sell? OR... Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop or, even better, have the hook up some place where I can have one built? I talked to the guy at Exhaust Wizard in Lilburn today and he wanted $300 to build a little pipe w/ cat and two flanges that I could bolt up. If anyone knows where I could get one or where I can have one made for less than $300, please let me know.

Thank you!