Installs

Discussion in 'Latest Spin Forum Archive' started by AirBORNE, Aug 17, 2004.

1. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

hey, first post here, heard about this place through Milo. We at Airborne Motorsports charge $55/hour and have done an extensive amount of work on subarus. we would be happy to help you with any of your upgrade needs

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome... by the way, is this roy from tech?

3. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

yes it is. let me know if we can help you guys out with any parts or anything else

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

cool man... could you post a link to ur website

5. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

6. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

the website is currently being completely remodeled so there is alot of stuff not up there yet. we have done alot of work for local subys so if you get on the subaru SE forums you will probably hear about our work

www.airbornemotorsports.com

7. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

the website is currently being completely remodeled so there is alot of stuff not up there yet. we have done alot of work for local subys so if you get on the subaru SE forums you will probably hear about our work

www.airbornemotorsports.com

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Airborne did you get my private message about vendor status, etc?

10. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

how much does a spring and strut install usually run?
    h&r springs and agx struts specifically:D

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

where exactly are you located?

I'm gonna get some springs eventually.

12. socrates42

socrates42 Member

alex I passed on the message you gave me a couple of months ago to the owner at airborne... if thats the one your talking about. Fasal saw the work that ABMS can do when i met him at the autox, im sure he can vouch for the quality of the installs, I vouch for them too, they do great work!

13. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

Hey, we are currently located in snellville. We are basically looking for another shop, near or inside the perimeter after being kicked out of old shop (land lord decided to sell at end of lease).
    Basically for a Spring/Strut install. If we have to compress springs and such and put on struts install will probably be about $165 w/o alignment. 230 w/alignment.

If it is a full setup such as tein flex where everything is already put together and we just have to slap it in it would be 110 w/o alignment. 165 w/ alignment.

-Patrick

P.S. If you guys know any possible shops (possible places for rent OR lease) let me know.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

do u guys tune utecs?

15. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

Hey Milo, we do not have a dyno at this time. However, we are more that knowledgable when it comes to UTEC tuning. If you need a major tune, i would recommend going to a place w/a dyno like dyno4mance(they are great guys). However, if you just need to smooth the map out a little or fix a few little glitches, our tuner Eric may be able to take a look at it. We have a autocross car w/vf34, air/water intercooler(our design), turboback, uppipe, injectors, and a few other goodies that was tuned with utec by Eric while at little talledega on the track. I think last time we checked, have tuned more since, the car put down 300 whp. Probably about 375 or so to the crank is you assume about 20% loss through the awd tranny.

-patrick

16. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

can i quote you on the spring/strut/alignment install? this is most likely going to be an x-mas thing...but if you dont currently own a shop...where would i take my car?

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

how much do u guys charge for gauge installs? say boost and/or egt?

18. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

hey milo,

give us a call and i'll give you a discounted price on install

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

awesome... will call u guys sometime this week

20. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

hey, patrick I got a Q. I'm currently debating between wheel/tire upgrade vs UP & DP. How much will it be for UP & DP installed??? i have 04 WRX sedan with low miles, so the work will be really easy. Thanx

21. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

We have a special
    Uppipe + Installation = $399
    Now, in the course of installing the uppipe, the downpipe has to come off and go back on..so there would be no extra charge w/installing the downpipe at the same time.
    Just add the cost of the down pipe. Our catless downpipe runs just under $400
    So You would be looking somewhere in the range of just under $800 plus tax on the parts.

As Far as which one I would personally do first, it is a very hard decision. I know that the WRX's stock wheel/tire combo leaves alot to be desired. But at the same time...uppip downpipe makes so much power and helps get rid of some of that annoying boostlag. It is really up to you and what you are looking for.

-Patrick

22. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

downpipe is really the first step, it will make more power then an upipe, and you will still get better spool...however, not as good a spool if you had the upipe. i vote downpipe...easier to install with better gains.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

patrick is right... it depends on what you want to do with ur car

if u wanna go fast, up/dp will be most important... if ur replacing just one pipe, i'd recommend dp

wheels/tires will be primarily for looks, although decent tires will help u turn better

if ur considering autocross (which i strongly recommend cuz its sooooooo much fun) u might wanna keep checking what class ur car falls under after every modification... going catless will bump u up several classes from stock

24. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I'm gonna go for UP&DP with accessport b4 rims/tires.

patrick,

25. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

patrick, i see 3" widemouth SS DP on your home page for only $203. what's the difference between that one and the one you said $400???

(if you remember talking with me)
    I'm going to keep the stock 3rd cat for now. DP will mate up with the stock cat with no problem??? lastly, will you be there tomorrow?? I might have time to stop by around 12-1 before i go to work. I want to check out the shop and learn more. thanx

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

let me know what prices / items you're getting and I'll see what price i can give you versus airborne's.

27. GTscoob

Hey Airborne,

Will your downpipe bolt up to the Cobb 3" catback? It replaces the third cat and back with 3" piping.

28. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

yes it will

29. AirBORNE

AirBORNE New Member

Hey, to try and settle the confusion.....on our website...that 202 dollar down pipe is not what is considered the whole conventional downpipe. That is only the 2nd cat section. The third cat section is another 202...but now the price is 195 per section.

The reason we did this was so that we could have the option of 1 cat 2 cats or no cats.

Hense...yes, if you have the third cat and back replaced, we can replace just your 2nd cat with our front section Downpipe.

-patrick

30. GTscoob

cool, now I just need $195

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u said it

the car burns a hole in my wallet faster than it burns rubber

32. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Amen to that

33. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I was really happy to see Eric back in Atlanta. I met him a couple of years ago, and he was thinking about moving to Orlando. He does great work. He helped me out with my 240sx, and did a very good job. Very smart, and super nice, and one of the most reasonable prices around. Glad to have you back on the scene.
    Chris

34. longfury

longfury Active Member

How much is just the labor? I would be bringing my own uppipe and downpipe

35. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i think $55/hr