Insurance Quote (WTF?!?!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

My '03 WRX wasn't full coverage, but it wasn't the minimum either. It was $250/6 months even when I wasn't 25. Now I'm looking into an '06 STi and with full coverage and a 1K deductible it's $1,350/6 months! What the crap?! Is that normal??? :wtc: It's through Travelers.

I'm now 26, have one ticket, and have my home owner's with them too... That can't be right.

For those with an STi and over 25, toss out some numbers and what company you have. Do any of you use an agent?

2. gte123v

gte123v Member

I went with progressive and it was about $720/6 months if you paid in full, I'm almost 26. Now i'm with safeco and it's about $500/6 months, but my deductable is higher. I don't have any tickets though.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

That's cheap as hell. I am paying 1700ish every 6 months. But I also have tons of tickets and one accident that totalled the othe car and should have totalled mine... So take my numbers with a grain of salt.

4. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

05 STI Full Coverage with 250 Deductible is running about $790 every 6mths.
    That is with Allstate.

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

STi insurance is much much higher than the WRX. More power and more of them have been wrecked for the amount of time they have been out.

My RX8 has cheaper insurance than a WRX. Go figure. I am with Progressive. 4 door coupes FTW.

6. lostinthewoods

Also tickets DO NOT help. Our most expensive vehicle to insure is my wife's lil 4cyl 02 Mazda P5 wagon...
    1400 every 6mths.. blah.. damn accidents suck!!

7. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

damn guys....

My car is in the wife's name and she pays ~$75/month (with a ticket and accident on it) -- through Alfa.

Let me verify this with her tonight and I'll edit my post if it's different.

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

Im with allstate have 2 cars and home ins and the STi is 200/month full coverage...good luck man!!!

9. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

i pay about 1300/ 6 months with no tickets

10. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I win

$4175 every 6 months

STI
    STI
    Truck
    Vette

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Three CRXs
    95 535i
    STi (only car with full coverage)

I believe it's $700/6 months for both brian and I, both over 25. No tickets no accidents; I believe we are with allstate.

12. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

$900.00 every six month for full coverage and $1000.00 deductable from state farm, I am 25 with no tickets or accidents with an 04 sti

13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

uhhhh wow, thats crazy....I thought 1600.00 a year was bad!!!

14. cannarella

cannarella Member

Don't know if this will help but we pay $1300 every 6 months for full coverage on:

98 Tacoma 4x4
    03 Accord Ex V6
    05 9-2X Aero

Wife has the tickets and accident. We are both over 30.

When I was looking at STI a few years back I was quoted lie $1200. We are witih Hanover/Citizens.

+1 for Alfa. They were a very close second to who we have now. Everyone else was way out there.

15. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

fwiw, insurance companies also take into account credit scores when writing up policies

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

$148/monthly 32yrs old, Fairly clean record, State farm

17. longfury

longfury Active Member

True

Lots of things effect it. Location, how the car is stored, security systems, also the cost to repair the vehicle if damaged, etc. Then you record gets added in and they factor in how likely the car is going to be damaged based on what's happened to the other cars that have been registered.

Lots and lots of factors and thats why the rates vary so much from person to person.

18. 1naplay

1naplay Member

well I'm 28 and pay about 780/6 month with progressive on a 2006 STi

19. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Hmmm... I just wanted to check to see if that was even close. I guess so... damn. I don't see how some of you people are paying what you do! That's nuts!

I haven't had full coverage on any of my cars, ever. This would be my first. With no accidents and 10 years of driving, I figure I've saved about $15-20K in insurance by rolling the dice like that.

I think I'm going to opt out of the full coverage until I can find someone that will take me for around 600/6 months. I'll let you know if I find someone that's more reasonable.

I'm going to call Alfa now...

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Did you the STI yet or are you just pricing(getting ready?)... If so, where are the pics?

21. cannarella

cannarella Member

Don't most lenders require it for you to get the loan in case it is totaled by the owner? Once you pay it off you can drop it, but the car still has value. I won't drop my full coverage until the value is under $5000. That is why I still have it on my truck.

22. lostinthewoods

When I purchased from SOG I believe full coverage was mandatory. Also had to keep a 500 deductible.

23. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

No, I don't have it yet. I'll post pictures.

I'm not taking a car loan out on it. I'm thinking about using my HELOC. Yes, if you have a auto loan with a title as collateral they make you carry full coverage.

24. socrates42

socrates42 Member

if it makes you feel any better I'm 25 and paying 750/6 with 500 deductable and 3000 in aftermarket parts coverage. And mind you thats on a 04 wagon!
    2 tickets and one not at fault wreck
    progressive gave me the best price though

25. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

STI, and Tacoma...I'm with USAA and pay $1020/6 months...wife has accident...both of us over 25.

26. Brian

Brian Active Member

full coverage for $375 every 6 mo with $250 deductible from Progressive. 1 ticket which is about to drop off.

**I win Matt** ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  27. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I'll take that! Haha... I'll call them next. Sate Farm wanted 990/6 months. That's not too bad I guess. I don't know. I'm going to look into '05s to see if that helps.

28. Demo24

Demo24 Member

1200 every 6 months.

$1000 deductible and im just 18

not that bad in my opinion. Was 600 every 6 just for liability on my 95 legacy before I sold it!