Insurance recommendations?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AWD OWNZ U, Jul 31, 2005.

1. AWD OWNZ U

AWD OWNZ U Member

I'm looking at insurance companies right now and wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I need homeowners and car insurance. I have AAA right now but its pretty expensive so I'm hoping for a bit of reduction. I have two tickets so good driver discounts will probably not apply.

2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

progressive, i just got into a wreck and they have been wonderful to deal with, they truly have 24hr service. also when i called them, they where more worried about my safety than the condition of the car, even though it was a loaner from sog.

3. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I like progressive as well.

4. SwampLandRex

SwampLandRex Member

progressive is the way to go. i'm paying the same amount my wife is and she has a clean record, myself five speeding ticket in two week :naughty:

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Allstate here.. they beat Progressive's rates.

6. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I'm not going to speak for prices because i think that depends a lot on where you are in the country and mine isn't based in GA, but I have dealt with the following claims companies (and I've only been in 1 wreck!).... here's the ratings on each:

Farmer's Insurance Group (who I have on my car, parents use them for homeowners, auto, life, etc...): Easy to deal with, very helpful claims people and agents, always looking for a way to keep you safer and pay less, give multi-use discounts.

State Farm: Very helpful claims service, have "service first" dealers which are allowed to do everything necessary to fix a car, then bill the company afterwards (ie, initial estimate is made by adjuster and some body shops can add to the estimate as necessary without calling the adjuster back again.) Very useful to get your car back as fast as possible.

Met Life: Awesome claims service, fairly cheap rates considering coverage (friend used them) . He has his stereo stolen and called the adjuster who actually said "It was stolen right? What am I going to come out and look at? Just let us know the value from receipts and we'll cut you the check). Can't say on homeowners. This guy now insures his corvette C5 with some other company for dirt cheap on full coverage. I'll post that up when I find out who it is.

Personally, I think most big companies have similar customer care overall (having dealt with several), so it's all about the little things that each adds and that depends on your taste, as well as the price for each. Just ask for quotes on coverage from 3-4. They're usually free and non-binding.

7. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I have Liberty Mutual and couldn't be happier. Then again I haven't had anyone else, so I can't comment on them. But when a woman backed into me at school, I had to deal with Geico which was her insurance. Worst experience of my life! I had a witness to the accident and they didn't even call her! Man, its still makes me fume to this day!

8. AWD OWNZ U

AWD OWNZ U Member

I'm only gonna have liability on my car so I don't really care how good they are with claims and hopefully my house won't burn down or something. lol I'd prefer a company that does both types of insurance just because I should get a discount. I'm appreciating the experiences so please keep posting.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have all state auto and renters insurance... they have a multi policy discount... i had progressive from 99 thru 2002.... then switched to all state since the rates were almost $1000 less per year... have no idea about their quality of service in the event of an accident but my friend has had a bad experience with them