Insurance

Discussion in 'General Community' started by kohlby777, Oct 18, 2014.

1. kohlby777

kohlby777 Member

Just wondering what insurance is the most common amongst the community. I plan on switching this week and just want some input. As of now I'm thinking geico. Thanks in advance.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I've been with state farm for....20 years. I keep getting stuff in the mail from Subaru and liberty mutual, but have no real desire to switch right now.

3. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

USAA if you can get it.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

USAA
    The Hartford
    State Farm

USAA use to be the benchmark, mostly because exclusivity but the others have stepped up their game to be as good if not better.
    All comes down to your driving history and the driving history of anyone else listed at your current address. ;)

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I use State Farm. It is nice when you have multiple policies (cars/homeowners/etc) with them as they give pretty good multi-policy discounts.

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

Just switched from geico for home and auto, to american family insurance for home and auto. I saved about 3 bucks for auto and about 700 for home.

7. orndog

orndog Member

My only experience with Geico was yearly rate increases for no reason. Been with Farm Bureau and Progressive for a while.

8. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Geico, had full coverage on '11 Sti and liability only on a 82 Brat and it was $89 per month.

9. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Another bonus to USAA is they cover $5,000 worth of aftermarket parts with no increase in premium.

10. nygiant

nygiant Member

WHAT? two cars, one of them an sti? wtf?

11. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

No DUIs, no speeding tickets since 07. You?

12. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I have State Farm. I am at about $100 a month for my STi.

$89 sounds about right depending on which coverage level and deductable you have. I chose the $1000 or $1500 deductable mine would be cheaper than $89.

Married + bundled with home insurance + 25+ years old = good auto insurance prices.

13. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

That's the ticket right there.

14. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I have had 0 issues with state farm and have been hit about 4 times in last 6 years...

They have had great customer service in all 4 instances.

I pay $120 for my wrx full coverage.... I'm 24 so it should jump down next year...

I had an ass ton of speeding tickets when I was younger, but haven't had one in 4 years next month.

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Pretty much, the longer you stay with a company, the cheaper it is. WITH a clean record. I had to get Progressive in high school (1991) because I was a dumbass. I still have them and it's cheap. State Farm, even with 2 houses covered by them, was always more then Progressive. The few times I had to use Progressive, it was always a stellar experience. Just make sure you can take your car to your shop of choice.
    I only drive with an Umbrella policy. There's too many morons out there.

16. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

I use State Farm

17. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I just switched from State Farm for home/auto to two different companies.

Home I am using American Family Insurance and Liberty Mutual for Auto. This saved me about $700 a year than the same coverage with State Farm. Strange but I couldn't get either of the companies to give me a better rate with multi-policy discounts. It was cheaper just to get policies with two different companies.

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

That's what I ran into. Because one house is a rental, I can't "bundle" them. Whatever.

19. orndog

orndog Member

I'm renting currently and have Progressive for both cars and the rental policy, it's cheap enough I guess, $115 a month for the cars both with full coverage and 2 drivers.

20. KGraska

KGraska Member

Just switched from GEICO where I was paying 140$/month for my 06 WRX.

Switched over to Nationwide and now paying 74$/month. This is with higher limits of coverage than I had with GEICO too. Have a handful of tickets including a superspeeder a couple years back. Of all the places I shopped around they had the best rate by far.

21. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

PROGRESSIVE $79/MO for full coverage 04 WRX rs and liability for 97 Brighton. No bundles but many discounts