Intake and Grounding Kit Installed!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by jt money, May 12, 2005.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

first, i would like to say thanks to Jason/Genya for helping me with the whole install. i did the Bomz intake Tue. it was really easy. i didnt reset the ecu so it do a whole lot power wise. the sounds comming of this intake are crazy! :eek3: the sucking sound is loud, and it added some of that boxer growl also. the only draw back was MAF spacers were a lil off center. so it took a lil modding to get it sealed down right. thats to be expected though for the cost. the intake was $30 shipped!

next was the Option Racing grounding kit. this was a lil harder as this kit is not the typical loop type kit. i had to remove the ic for this mod. that was a first for me. it was way easier than i thought. heres where the ground wires lead to.
    1 strut tower
    2 fire wall behind ic and above tranny
    3 tranny / block
    4 throttle body
    5 intake manafold
    6 alternater

i reset the ecu this time. so after i got it all back together i started it up and wow! already a difference. on start up it didnt bog a lil after startup rev like normal. no idle bog/shutter like normal. i let the car run for like 15 min in idle so it could remap and we could take a brake. when i drove it for the first time i pulled way harder than normal. throttle responce was awesome. it also spools the turbo like 200 rpm faster cause the throttle responce. if you dont have this done. go out and do it now! the total for the grounding kit was $30 shipped. this was the best $60 i've spent in a long time. i should have cleaned my batt. of all the shit on it before i took the pics but oh well. and the pics are small cause V3 on lets you upload 39k file size. not 80k like V2.:bigthumb:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Very nice, I am really interested in the grounding mod. Where did you get it?

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..the grounding kit made a good difference on mine as well..i might be going with some thicker gauge wire and re-do it..your set up looks real clean!

4. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

Looks good, I went with the Apexi Grounding Kit and a Apexi Power Intake.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea i need to redo my grounding kit..looks clean man!!

6. jt money

heres the link to more grounding kits. they used 4 guage wire. nice terminal bracket also.

grounding kit ;)

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

moved

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I had that on my car and took it off...i need to put it back on

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Cool, thanks for the link, just ordered the grounding kit in yellow.

10. jt money

one helpful hint. i would remove the heat shrink and solder the rings to the wires. i have a cold solder. and will help you install when you get them if you want.

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, that would be great. I will let you know when i get it.

12. jt money

13. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I had the Apexi Grounding kit on the STi. I took it off and now it in the EVO. I love this kit.

14. married05gt

married05gt starting over

what exactly does the grounding kit do. What are the bennifits

15. jt money

alot of the sensors on the car use the cars ground to get a base or zero line to base the voltage off of. if you give the sensors or area around them a better ground you get faster throttle responce, fuel ratios are smother and gets ride of that horrible shutter at idle were it bogs and the cars all shaking.

16. married05gt

hum, sounds like a good mod what is the average price.

17. married05gt

^^^never mind just saw the link

18. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

can i get a link to buy on like you have JT? At least, one that's not off of ebay? Looks like a good $30 investment

19. jt money

sorry bout the late responce im lookin for the number for the place directly.

wrxfan420 how it feel? feel any different? sorry it went so late and didnt get to test drive it any.

for everyone else we tested the voltage first this time and it was 13.5 before and 14.2 after. so it does work.

heres alink to a new more dressy model for even cheaper than mine. sorry bout the ebay but give the peeps an email and im sure you can work out the payment.

grounding kit

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  20. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Yup i saw it it as high as 14.4 at idle on every car that has had a grounding mod.definate good mod!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  21. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'll probably do a DIY grounding mod. Should be around $10 (probably less, since I most likely have the connectors already).

22. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Moose,
    Maybe you could post the parts that will be needed for the DIY and we could all do this at the same time at an Install day?