intakes

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by subieblu07, Jul 12, 2008.

1. subieblu07

subieblu07 Member

ok i have had this question for a while and most of my answers have been leave it stock its just as good. but my question was which one is more efficient a down low cold air intake or short ram??..it seems like the short ram is right in the engine compartment with all that heat but i have seen alot of people running them..but i have also seen down low's which one would you say would be a better choice because i love the sound of them and how well you can hear the turbo's...i have a cheap intake on there now and i like the way it sounds but i was wanting to upgrade...any suggestions on short ram or down low?...also i have seen those drop in filter with no lid that replaces you factory air intake lid and retains the lower portion basically converting it to a short ram...suggestions??

2. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Stock is best, followed by a cold air (down low intake as you call it) intake. If you are going to buy one, go with one that keeps the stock diameter mass air sensor housing as otherwise you can do bad things to your engine. The short ram, temps do go up about 10 degrees if you do not have some form of heat shielded box like the K&N intakes.