Interest in a weekly MTB ride downtown

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slowwrx, Oct 19, 2009.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I used to know a couple of good spots to go play, some by tech, some by the dome. Theres a couple of spots down at the park. Anyone interested in doing something weekly or maybe bi-weekly.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

if I had a Mtb Bike, I would go.

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

if you let me borrow your motard, i would go...get the slicks off, tho

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

City riding or unpaved parkish areas?

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

Matt, I'm down for that, need to get my fat ass back on the bike

6. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

You know I'm in. Alex would be too now that he has a bike. Bobby will probably soon.

7. slowwrx

Probably a mixture of paved and unpaved, what day\night is good for everyone.

8. slowwrx

Just buy a mountain bike, no one is going to tell the wife you spent 2gs

9. pankopp

pankopp Member

i would be down depending on locations and times. Any night but Thursdays would work for me.

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'm in. What kinda riding are you planning? Just city riding, urban hucking? Days are always better for me but I'm trying to get my work schedule where I work half days and half nights.

11. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Roswell - Big bear creek ( i thinnk )
    Is an alternate place to ride your mtn bike

p.s. I saw some one with a dark blue subie pull in there today

12. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

Apparently blankets is still closed due to the flood but I was just up at big creek and it wasn't that bad minus a few spots with a ton of roots. My schedule seems to change weekly but I'll ride when I can.

Goixiz that was me

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Nights are the most fun and I'm open every night.

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

So you're saying that your kind of like 7-11?

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

only I don't sell Big Gulps.

16. We ride up at Berry College in Rome sometimes. They have some awesome MTB trails. Travis likes to ride at night too. But I always wreck so I stay on flat ground now. There is a trail in North Forsyth that we've been wanting to check out sometime:

http://www.forsythco.com/pdf/files/Mountain%20Bike%20Trail.pdf

17. slowwrx

I would like to keep it downtown for a weekly ride because there is always somewhere to thrash and the guys(or girls) that don't want to throw down can always bypass whatever we are riding. With Big Creek(Mansel) You kind of have to follow the leader and I know there are a few pretty advanced guys in the group. We can change the route up every week downtown if we want.

How does Wed. Nights sound?

18. GTscoob

Tuesday nights would work better for me, its the only day that I'm consistently taking off of work. I'll have band practice early but should be free by 9-10pm.

I should have a very thrashable bike by the beginning of november when I can install my new fork, until then I'll thrash on it but be hurting a little more, being all rigid and whatnot.

19. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what the hell size frame do you ride? 30" :keke:

20. slowwrx

Tuesdays would work for me as well, is there anyone it doesn't work for

21. pankopp

pankopp Member

nope works for me... I get off work at 6 each weekday...so anytime after that works.

22. slowwrx

What if we do 7pm on the first and third tuesday and 9pm on the 2nd and 4th or something like that

23. slowwrx

Ok were looking for a place to park now. How about meeting in Little Five and riding out to Piedmont, there should be plenty to do between those two spots.

24. b reel

b reel Active Member

We could park over by the Atlanta homicide task force off of North Ave, I think the cars may be safe from vagrants there

25. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Sounds like a blast but I only haz a huffy LOL. And WTF is thrashing?

26. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I'm always down for some exercise

27. GTscoob

Road bike is a 65cm Raleigh Technium, ~35" standover, mountain bike is an XL Santa Cruz Chameleon, I think its a 20 or 21" frame.

28. slowwrx

OK Tuesdays 8pm at Atlanta Pro Bikes, I haven't talked to Chris the owner yet to see if we can park there so park on the street the first time. We will meet at 8pm and leave to ride at 8:30. First ride will be down to the park and back to get everyone warmed up, we can discuss where else you guys want to go after that.

Ill post an Official thread about it later tonight.

29. Trey

Trey Active Member

So who is bringing their gat?

30. slowwrx

I'm always armed