Interesting Experience with SoG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

wow thats bad.....but I can see where the guy is coming from tho......

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

ouch! even though 350whp is hardly what i call a stock sti. i can only imagine how frustrating doin all that work without getting the desired results. :(

5. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

I'm sorry the guy didn't get what he expected. As we all know here every car is different in how it will respond. Subaru's even seem more so that other cars.
    As for any expereince with any local vendor or tuner. Your 'results may vary' from someone elses. So many variables. Heat, humidity, not enough coffee, etc.
    The only positive I see is that I'm not alone in having bad luck with local vendors. I will not go on a rant about local vendors because I like them all. Personally but not professionally though. (I'm not sure how much disk space we have here...) However it seems that they and I can not do business with each other and anything go right.
    As far as the guy that posted "My suggestion is get on the phone with those guys and resolve it before you go and hire another company to do more work." Well I did go have it fixed elsewhere and have a credit that the quality X-service manager gave me to cover the cost.. It will probably never be used.

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i read this the day before i get tuned!

7. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

You will be fine. I am probably the 2% not satisfied. I wasn't tuned there.. Just general experiences there. The odds are with you. Besides I have a feeling that you will get extra special attention if this thread is noticed. What time are you going in?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

dont worry about it chris, scotts a great tuner.

9. Alex

Just read my reply on that thread. What I said is 100% true.

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Where is your reply?

11. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I was up their when the guy was getting tuned. He was telling me he was mad about the fact that he spent all this money and his power was that off a cheaper set up. He even told me he new it was not scoots fault and that he was going to trade in the sti for an evo. I cant recall what all the problems were but he had numorus problems with his car mechanicly. My guess is that the car was mad on a friday at 4:45. :wtc:

12. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

13. siegelracing

Basically the car is just running low boost. Both Doug and I worked on it. We both agreed how the car left.

I have offered to turn the bring the Wastegate Duty Cycles back up so he'll get the 20.1 psi that ARE in his Desired Boost tables.

I had suggested the AVC-R for this setup before and it didn't happen.

The tune is fine except for the Wastegate duties.

I will always err on the side of safety, I'd MUCH rather have a "my boost is low" thread which I can offer to fix for free than a "my motor blew up" thread, which would require a new motor and then more tuning anyway.

Chris, c'mon now buddy, while Doug has more big-turbo tunes than I do, I've got more stock turbo tunes... (not that there is anything wrong with his stock turbo tunes).

I would think that there were enough guys on here who have cars tuned by me, or have at least ridden in cars tuned by me, if not ridden along while I was tuning to have confidence in me...

SS

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

Scott i read your responces and now the story is comming together. i dont think we are against you. just didnt have all the facts. i dont know you but ecuteck is in the future for me and i would still go to you if thats what i decide to get. he was just was havin problems. and 38xwhp is very respectable on 93oct. your right for not releasing a car that pushes 21+ psi in 5th and 6th. you have to CYA. even if that means having a mad customer cause you dont wanna kablooie his car and get sued. so be it. i amend you for your qiuck responce to his thread and making it right by him. (even if he is wrong). :bigthumb:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  15. Alex

Scott, just shot ya a PM aboot this and tomorrow.

16. siegelracing

I just remembered (I was in bed, telling my sleepy wife) the REASON we left the wastegate duties low.

* Chris HAD A LEAKING recirc valve and mentioned you were going to change it. *

We figured that if it was leaking a bit, and you changed it, it would bring the boost up.

I knew there was a reason that I felt it was safer to stay low on the Wastegate duties.

If it had been leaking badly, and then you changed it, your boost would have been high, and that would have been bad.

When people bring us cars that are not mechanically perfect, sometimes things get complicated.

I would guess that the last thing most tuners want to hear is "when I get home I'll be changing XXX part."

I knew there was a reason WE left it low.

SS

17. rolling_trip

Scott will be tuning my car today, and i have no worries. I will see the results tonight at commerce and sat at topspeed. :banana:

18. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

chris...post the results! hey u never emailed me back punk!j/k

19. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

From reading the responses, it looks like you are well supported on this site! :cool: It always amazes me that people want to play with the way the car came from the factory and expect factory like results. If you had done his entire build up, I could understand him being so upset with you. As it stands, I understand his being irritated with the situation, but don't understand how he could be mad at you. He took this car to two seperate tuners, both of whom are well respected and got results he didn't like. He only paid for tuning at one of the shops and it sounds like you took personal time to go to topspeed with him (assumption). I would think he would be like, "Wow, when I get this issue straightened out, I am taking this back to Siegel/Topspeed." Millions of dollars of R&D went into the impreza over the years, including the tuning of the computer. While I am sure you guys get amazing results, and I hope to find out myslef some day, to expect the car to run exactly how you think it should with two days of tuning is a little silly to me. Again, considering the fact that this car appears to have had work done by multiple people at different times. You gotta pay to play, if you can't, don't. Thats why I have 0 enigne mods, can't afford it right now and don't have the time for the car to be down for an extended period.

20. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

You hit the nail on the head BelvnAWD ... my problem with most of it though, is the way he addressed the problem. I'm all about forums and email as means of communication, but publicly flaming someone in a forum read by future SOG clients (or any other vendor's clients for that matter) is wrong. And frankly, immature, cowardly and ... shall I continue? IMHO, angry-car-man should have addressed the issue with Scott over the phone or in person...NOT by writing line after line about how you wronged me and how I verified my results by racing my friend's EVO with cams and blah blah blah. It's silly...and I'm actually wasting energy on this, so I'll stop now. [​IMG]

And Seigel, you have plenty of support on this forum! No worries man. :cool:

21. BelvnAWD

Forgot that part, I street raced a 240 sx and lost...that completely blew any credibility he had out of th water. Not the losing to the 240, the fact that he posts about street racing as proof that he was somehow wronged and obviously it was the guy who did his EM for him that was responsible...freaking tool...:fruit:

22. siegelracing

thanks for the support guys. It really means a lot to me. I try not to let things like this shake me, but sometimes it's hard. You all know that my favorite part of this job is the customers, so when one's not happy it really rocks me.

I do appreciate all of you. I've enjoyed having so many of you around lately.

SS

23. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Don't worry Scott you've got a lot of future customers on this site still (myself included when I can afford the $$ for major engine mods and tuning)

24. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

scott im saving my money all summer from my min. wage internship just to get tuned by you. You have been nothing but nice to all of us here in the club and it seems that goes to everyone you do business with. Thank you for answering questions for free and being involved with us here at WRX ATL. You're a stand up guy and you have solid business practices. Don't let some douche bag in Kentucky shake you up. We should all go out and buy you a beer sometime!

25. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:beer: yes...beer.

26. rolling_trip

STI Tuned

Must first start off by saying that i had no doubts in Scott's tuning ability. I am VERY happy with the results i got from Ecutek, and also how professional he is. my car was tuned in a little less than 2 hrs! he has tuned so many wrx/sti's that he has it down to a science. I was looking for 300whp/325wtq. although the hp fell a little short today at topspeed, the wtq is very imppressive. i am still pleased with the results, and so were the several people that just had to feel ecutek. plus he smoothed down my idle better than the day i pulled it of the lot BRAND NEW. anyway here are the stock vs modded ecutek.

ps milo was right

sti+ecutek= a very :) sti

27. rolling_trip

stock 03-05-05

253whp 263wtq

sorry had to zip

28. rolling_trip

ecutek and mods below

291 whp and 334 wtq

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

scott: please don't let this dude get u down... be assured that ur reputation is not hurt at all on our site and i will still keep coming to u for tuning

30. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

someone is always gonna complain and moan. i'm sure Hennessey, Lingenfelter, and those guys have heard it too.
    hey chris...nice #'s that you dynoed there. i'll be surely taking my STi to scott asap when i get back.

31. rolling_trip

Milo is it possible to copy, not move my 3 replies a different section, or do i need to repost? or can alex work some voodoo :eek:hnoes:

32. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Chris, you can repost in a different section, then we can delete the posts from this thread. We have the ability to move the entire thread, but not specific posts.

33. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i can understand why that guy is unhappy that he didnt get the numbers that he wanted, but imagine what his post would have been like if it was i had 400whp then my motor blew on the way home. just as scott said better to have low boost than a blown motor. scott has offered to do more work on the car for free to make things right. imo scott is an awesome guy and very helpful and friendly tuner. after kris installed the fmic we went to sog and scott did a good deal of tuning for free just to keep kris's car from blowing up, he could have just as easily said no i dont have time, or that will be $xxx. i will still be using scott and sog to do my ecutek and tune my vf 22

drew
    (sorry for the long reply, but after reading all the attacks on scott on the other forums i was kinda pissed, and sittin here in the hospital bed there isnt much else to do)

34. BelvnAWD

Did I miss something?

35. scuby drew

i have managed to catch some virus that has been pushing my temperature up to 104.3 and not letting it go down regardless of what medicine i am given, temps that high are pretty serious so the parents took me to the hospital. im feeling alright now though with a mild 102 fever. i am supposed to get out in the am if all goes well in the night

36. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

get well soon dude

37. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

did they try using a bigger intercooler? thought id try and cheer u up... get well soon dude

38. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I agree, I have heard that Scott is top notch. Just another disgruntled customer. If you read the post on imprezawrxsti.com, there was a person on there that said some very interesting comments about getting everything down in writing. Very good idea!!!.

Mark

39. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Drew,

I hope that you feel better!!. Get well soon... Hope to see you soon.

Mark

40. Alex

Not to dig this back up, but from wh at I hear, the guy was lying about numerous things.

41. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me at all...

42. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

someone who is upset will go a long way to make his story heard...

43. BelvnAWD

:rofl: @ Milo's comment

Get well ScoobyDrew! Temps that high are no fun. I had hallucinations when I was young and got a cold with Temps that high...

44. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I love Scott..he is the only tuner i trust and let touch my car!! he is a very giving person and always strive to do the right thing!! you cant please everyone.. Dont worry about it Scott..i know you have not lost any credibility with any of us!

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:gfight:

46. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

47. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:fawk:

48. scuby drew

Originally Posted by miloman
    did they try using a bigger intercooler? thought id try and cheer u up... get well soon dude

thanks man, the intercooler was the problem, they said that the quick fix would be to just go ahead and get fmic to prevent this from happening in the future, but im not ballin enough like kris to run fmic, so i will just continue to run on with my high temp tmic

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

50. siegelracing

Y'all are the BOMB. Thanks again.

Bigger intercooler, TOO FUNNY :D

Drew, You need NOS right NOW. Twin 20lb bottles should cool you right down... plus it helps with spool ;)

Seriously though, how are you doing? We'll be praying for you.

SS