interesting gadget i bought on ebay

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jt money, Dec 15, 2005.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

well ive had this extra tv riding along in the car for a year now. i couldnt deside what to do with it. i was about to give it away when i saw this.

150"-175" TELEVISION HOME THEATRE TV PROJECTOR WOW

it was only 10 bucks and from what ive read about these it only takes 10 to 20 more to make the bracket from any hardware store. ill let you all know how it works when i get it. i think it will prove fun to have around. so has anyone seen one in action or heard of this? im guessing it works like a overhead projector.

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dont trust that...

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If that is what I think it is (fresnel lens) you will need to turn the TV you're using upside down (can be the kiss of death for many models) and the image will be *really* dim and not particularly clear.

There's a reason people pay thousands of dollars instead of ten for their equipment ;-)

5. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

i generally distrust any ebay item that has an exclamation at the end of the title or description like "WOW AWESOMESORZ!!"

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Could be cool, for $10 I'd say give it a shot. If you were going to just give the tv away anyway there's a minimal loss to begin with.

7. Goose013

Goose013 Member

i've seen that on ebay and it looked interesting but I didn't trust it, let us know how it turns out

8. i bought one of those along ass time ago for like 15.00 got 2 of them when they got here i never put it together i still got them laying around. Im just a lazy ass.

9. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i know this product wont be as clear or as bright as a projector. but i thought it would be a fun project and had the extra tv anyways. just wanted to build it for shits and giggles. this could be fun to have for camping or and outdoor party. plus 10 bucks shipped. man i couldnt pass it up. i have a projector and it has had a blown bulb for a year now cause i cant afford to replace the $700 bulb. ive had the projector as big as a 15' screen. that was awesome when the people on the screen are bigger than life size!

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea jt its actually pretty cool. My brother bought that same thing about a year ago and surprisingly it worked pretty well. Its not nearly as clear but its pretty sweet and cheap.

11. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

you have to jack around with the brightness and all that for a while
    there's a dvd they sell that helps you set up a tv for optimal viewing, sposed to work with these lens kits.

hey if you have those extras sitting around I'll take them off your hands, I want to have some fun with the fresnal MUH HAHAHAHA