Interning in Austin Texas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blaze_cunnings, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,

So I got an internship in Austin Texas with IBM for the summer

Anyone have some details on the scene there? Including Subaru scene and drinking scene?

Trying to get all the info I can. Thanks!

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

have a close friend that lives there now. great place for young people, active music scene, have the F1 track/race coming in November, LOTS of bars, great downtown area. it is among 3 cities i'm looking for jobs in post-graduation. you'll love it

3. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Two words: Alamo Drafthouse.

4. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

6th st. /end need for thread

5. thanks everyone, yeah people are telling me definitely check out 6th street, very excited now haha

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Honestly I have found the Subaru scene in Texas to be nothing like wrxatlanta (Wrxatlanta / GA > Texas). I am speaking specifically for the North Dallas area. I pretty much do nothing with the Subaru guys in my area. I have moved back into the Jeep world. Jump on Nasioc and look at the TXIC section for info.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

COBB Tuning Dallas puts on monthly meets which have nice turnouts, so you may want to see if they do that in Austin too.

Welcome to TX and yes there are plenty places to Drink in Austin (6th street).

Another cool place to check out along with various BBQ joints around Austin.
    http://www.oasis-austin.com/

BBQ
    Ironworks
    SaltLick (Driftwood location // fun experience)
    Smitty's
    Kreuz or Black's in Lockhart.

7. Thanks for the info, dont suppose you know if there is any indoor rock climbing places? I've been frequently visiting Summit here in Atlanta, and would like to continue climbing,

Definitely looking forward to the BBQ and food.

8. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Local Music scene is awesome there. Austin is a great city, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

10. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Indoor... Probably a ton others.
    Only one I am aware of is Austin Rock Gym. Spent a rainy day in there

Down in Austin you have some great outdoor climbing areas

Enchanted Rock (Sport / Trad?)
    Barton Creek (Sport)
    Reimers Ranch (Sport/ Quite shady so its tolerable in summer)
    Or take a 6 hour drive north to Oklahoma Wichita Wildlife Refuge / Mountains (TRAD routes)

I use to pretty much go between Reimers and Wichita Mountains. I dont climb much these days, but a few years back it was pretty much all the time.

11. i never done much outdoor rock climbing, but definitely wanna try. i've been bouldering a lot over her at Summit in Atlanta