iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BKiller, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Who else is getting one?
    UPS is delivering mine today.
    While it doesn't have every upgrade I wanted, I was ready for an upgrade anyway and my 16gb iPhone 4 was full.
    No snide remarks from you Android nut-huggers.

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Getting one, thinking this will be my last I, great phone but its getting boring.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Yeah and the Apple Maps is a freaking joke compared to google maps.

4. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Out for delivery.

5. rsutton1223

Delivered

[​IMG]

6. rsutton1223

7. integroid

I am just curious what the big hype is all about? I mean it is an inferior product to all of the latest smartphones released by Samsung and HTC.

and before anyone gets butthurt, I do own an iPhone as well as an Android phone. My HTC EVO LTE is still a generation ahead on my 4s with iOS6

8. integroid

Welcome to 2010....LOL

9. rsutton1223

I had a Galaxy S3. This phone benchmarks faster and feels a lot better built.

My Galaxy S3 wasn't this fast in Alpharetta. I also have a 2010 Thunderbolt that doesn't make it through half the day with LTE.

10. integroid

I agree, the S3 felt like it was cheaply made to me as well.

The Thunderbolt was such a POS on LTE and was one of the worst Android I ever dealt with. Honestly, anything that stays on LTE will probably not last you a full day. If the iPhone 5 does, then that is about the only advantage I can see in it. The battery life on my iPhone is phenomenal but so is the battery on my HTC....but I do keep the LTE off unless I need it for something.

11. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

I think my 4s will be my last iphone. I had the 1st gen on the edge network for almost 4 years.

I am not getting a new 5 since i've only had my 4s for about year.

I'm sick of paying the sh!tload of $$ to AT&T for this d@mn phone plan.

I wished I could jump ship to Tmobile for the $45/ alll you can eat, no contract plan.

Joe

12. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Im just wanting to try something outside the box i suppose, off the beaten path. I expect an inferior phone when i do this, but nice for a change of pace.

13. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House!: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; Amaze_4G Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Sheeple.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

I have a iPhone 4 and I am looking to make the move to an Android device. The iPhone 5 has no appeal to me. I just can't decide which Android phone I want.

My GF is gaga over it though.

15. Tank

Tank Member

My wife is getting one I have a iPhone 4s and I like it. I have a blackberry for work and it is ok. We will see how she like the 5, she said if she does not like the way it feels size or weight she is going to switch with me and take my 4s. I don't care it is a phone with a lot of features that does what I need it to do when I need it done so it is good. Her birthday is today and I got her an iPad so she can use it in law school and will not have to lug around a bunch of big ass books. Any of these phones has to be better then the LG ENVY that I had at the beginning of the year.

16. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i think if you live somewhere other than america or travel internationally galaxy is a better phone (TV support, etc etc) but in america, iphone is probably the best...

regardless of the way the phone looks, iphone is the only phone with real metal and has that high quality feel to it.

I hate the way Apple does business but you can't deny that they make quality products... the adapter for the new charger costs $40 but the new iphone 5 is $100 with a contract at verizon hmm... wonder which one i would get lol. I chose the iphone because there are lot of products made for the iphone, but now since the charger changed iphone 4 (without the adapter anyways) wont fit on the newer products that come out.

also, every ios upgrade the phone slows down... the hardware just cant keep up with the software, which eventually leads you to a phone upgrade. smart business from apple.

and no apple, you cant just sue samsung for designing a 'rectangular phone with rounded edges'

despite all the ethical things i`d still get one lol.

17. rsutton1223

It's 199 and up with new contract not 100 unless you are talking about the 4S.
    Actually its the opposite. Each update has made the phones feel quicker. We have a 4, 4S and 5 in the house right now...so I can tell you that for certain.
    You need to read the lawsuits more carefully. That is not what the suit was about.

Anyway...the whole Android vs. iPhone debates are pretty funny to me. I was searching around online and it is amazing how passionate people get about it. You would think they were arguing about politics or religion.

At the end of the day, get what fits your lifestyle and taste the best. I have used a Thunderbolt, Galaxy S3 on Gingerbread, Galaxy S3 on ICS and ROM'ed Jelly Bean and all of the iPhones. This 5 has been the best for me so far.

The audio quality is miles away from the other phones when you have equipment that is good enough to tell the difference, the camera is much better (especially in low light) and the OS is really smooth. Those are the features that are important to me and why I love my iPhone 5 in comparison with the Galaxy S3. They aren't the features that are important to everyone which is why there isn't just one phone on the market.

18. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

^ I think he was being facetious...

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

the audio quality is better..

what are you basing this on?

20. rsutton1223

Bluetooth and direct connect to the processor in my car.

21. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I enjoy Apple product. Is the iPhone 5 to die for? No. Does it lack features Samsung and others have, yes? Is it worth the switch? Not to me. I enjoy my Mac book, iPhone and one day (hopefully soon) iPad. Bought MacBook when I DJed.. Ran flawless, and 3+ years later, still does. iPhone for biz, accept credit card, take pics and rarely, if at all, have issues with the software (important when folks are swiping their card/signing their name). iPad would help simplify these, give me more room to work w all with iCloud making it even easier. Can other devices do this? Absolutely, as well and simplified? I'd have to say no. I think at this point it's all about personal preference and what you use it for.

22. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Coming from a 4. I have to say the five is worlds faster. Very nice upgrade IMHO. OS is so much slicker than it was on the 4. Liking it more than I thought I would. And LTE is fast, can't tell a difference between it and wifi.

23. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

@Robb: my verdict is, depsite all the politics involved i`d still get the iphone 5 for its overall quality over other phones :) guess i almost pissed off the apple fanatic :)

i remember bashing apple`s way of doing things during my internship and pissed off my design manager so I almost got fired for it lol

24. Texsun

Texsun Member

I have never had interwebs 1/2 that speeds I guess I am still in the 90s... Fastest I have had was was 8mb down and .70 up...

I get whatever phone is free... it just so happened to be the iPhone 4. I had the Iphone 3G since its original Release and recently got the 4. I have never had a Cell Phone bill, been fortunate to have a buddy that owns a rather large business. I have always had unlimited data/text and whatever jazz. However my Mil Line is a BlackBerry and honestly I love how basic it is, email, text, call, web.

[​IMG]

IMHO having the latest and greatest especially if you paid a ton of money for the iPhone 5 or any brand new device kinda reminds me of the flip phone kraze in high school. If you didn't have one you are not "cool" mentality. Most modern devices can and will perform pretty much all the same task.

Note: I love the new iOS!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  25. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

[​IMG]takes kick ass photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

I'm waiting till my upgrade next year, but I'll be getting one then. An as I've said before, this debate is just like politics; as long as there are people in the world, there will be disagreement and therefore apple and android will continue to dominate their shares of the market as you'll always have the fence-sitters that will own both/switch back and forth (just like politics). So all the apple bashers out there need to take a chill pill and relax. It's not about the phones, it's about people. And both apple and android makers are playing to your stupidity....

27. Matt

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/21/apple-google-rivalry-analysis/

28. Texsun

Texsun Member

29. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

... judging audio quality from a phone's DAC connected to car audio equipment?

lol.

30. rsutton1223

Maybe you need to check my car audio equipment before you lol.

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I don't need to. it's a terrible listening environment.

32. rsutton1223

Fully active 3 way front stage with distance timing. Fully sealed doors and interior stripped and sound deadening added. Apple Lossless files used on iPhone and FLAC files used on Android via PowerAmp app. For mp3's...this argument is narrowed due to quality of source file. Flat eq curves kept on the phones to keep all level processing of frequencies at the external processor.

The difference is obvious. The stock audio player within Android was a joke so I got the full version of PowerAmp.

Bluetooth Connection (how most people will connect to car audio)

There is documented proof that most of the Android phones actually cap the bluetooth bandwidth over audio. While this does not matter when playing mp3's, it does become a factor in lossless playback. There have been hacks for some but not all in an attempt to open up that bandwidth for higher quality playback wirelessly.

Not an issue for the iPhone.

Direct Connection through headphone port (tested with Evergreen solid copper 3.5mm to RCA cables connected to external processor...completely bypassing headunit)

The difference is remarkable actually. The mids are much more defined out of the iPhone and the highs are not distorted. The Galaxy S3 shrieked at higher levels on the higher frequencies on both the stock audio player and PowerAmp.

Apple is in the business of making portable audio players while Google and almost all Android device providers do not. That is very apparent in playback and usability of the platform for audio. This has been proven on several audio forums.

Anyone who listens to music seriously inside is rarely using a phone as a source device.

You can make blanket statements without any testing to back it up...but that is how I see it through the testing of a Thunderbolt, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  33. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Less than optimal or challenging, but can be far from terrible if done right.

Regardless, if the testing is done in comparison with the only change in variable the source- and with a (more than) competent system like Robb has done, the results are just as valid is if done in an "ideal" anechoic chamber environment with reference quality equipment.

34. Texsun

Texsun Member

i just listen to the FM radio and hopefully 2 speakers are working this day!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  35. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

But it has the more GeeeBeee's....

36. Jake

Jake Active Member

37. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

it's about the data. They want the data. Knowledge is power.
    Joe

38. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I'm going Iphone5 cause it's better than my Atrix. My Atrix is now a turd and reboots 4-5 times a day. I've cleaned it completely, ROM'd with clean ROM's on all Android versions, even went back stock. The phone is obviously damaged so I'm due for an upgrade in November.

39. slade1274

slade1274 Member

no need to wait, they'll let you upgrade early.

40. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I have to wait. My employer sells AT&T products. If I want my super employee discount I have to wait plus the waiting list for new iPhone5's are 600 and counting :eek3:

41. Matt

42. b reel

b reel Active Member

43. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

People are paying $1,000 for iPhone 5 on Ebay today. Crazy...
    Mine is nice but not that nice!

44. Texsun

Texsun Member

O shit just quoted myself!!!! With that being said, I am also quoting Breel and that video goes to show what I am talking about...

I like the Apple 5!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  45. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

46. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

47. b reel

b reel Active Member

one of the amigos at work got one, asked him why he bought it.

"The games are better," was his reply

48. rsutton1223

The majority of people are always going to be dumb...regardless of phone choice.

49. Jake

Jake Active Member

i personally have never understood the 'innovator' mentality. i know its an ingrained human characteristic to always want to one-up your neighbor, but why people are determined to stand in line for hours to wait to spend 3-5x more than what the product will cost in a year, is beyond me.....

50. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Duh, electronics bro. Obsolete the day they come out.