Iron man 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Willsanches, May 4, 2013.

1. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Anyone go see it already? I'm goin tonight and tryin to figure out if its worth goin for the 3D

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I watched it in 3d. It doesnt really jump out on you but it aids in the special effects creating a depth of field.

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

That's how good 3d is done IMO, I think the public in general is over/tired of stuff constantly coming at you. Also its less fatiguing to the eye.

4. orndog

orndog Member

I saw some 3D movie back in the 80's as a small child.
    That is the last one I ever saw.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I would think it would be worth the extra few bucks. Avengers was awesome in 3D / IMAX. Looking forward to it.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Jaws 3 and Friday the 13th 3? Not the best 3D graphics :)

7. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Just saw iron man in 3d. Like Sparta said, nothing really jumps out at you. I could see how they used it to create more depth I suppose, but after I got into it I forgot that it was even in 3d. Not sure if it was because it was done so seamlessly or if it was lacking. It was a great movie and that's where my focus was drawn. Thumbs up either way!

8. orndog

orndog Member

Nah, some crappy sci-fi thing. I was too young to remember much else. Think Ice Pirates but not as good.

9. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Watched it last night, paid the extra $$ since we got the tickets for $5 on groupon at studio movie grill and it was decent on 3D nothing to spectacular but good movie!

10. nygiant

nygiant Member

Saw this on Saturday finally and the movie was terrible compared to the other iron mans IMO

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ Heard a few negatives recently... And others saying this was the best one. I need to see it. Heard Hangover 3 was terrible too... Disapointing.

12. salimjim

salimjim Member

I agree the movie was bad, really bad.

13. What did you expect when the guy who played Gandhi is the villian....

14. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i thought the movie itself was really good, i just didn't like the ending.

People that criticize the acting / actors / screenplay for a COMIC BOOK movie are watching the wrong sorts of movies. It's laughable when somebody says the actors in these movies are terrible - these films aren't meant to be brilliantly written screenplays, they're stupidly mindless action movies that allow you to imagine shit that wouldn't happen in real life.

Be it this movie, Fast and Furious, X-Men, etc, it's all the same. People need to temper their expectations with the actual role of the movie

15. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I agree with Drew....I enjoyed the movie and my kids loved it. Was worth the $5 each I paid to watch it.

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

i dk, i saw GI JOE in 3D, nothing jumped, and it may have added to depth of field a LITTLE bit, but still wasn't worth the extra $$ in my opinion. the movie was great, but 3D was dumb