Is it safe to use nitrogen enriched fuel?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by skoloseven, Mar 16, 2009.

?

Do you support nitrogen enriched fuels?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

How many of you have heard of the nitrogen enriched fuels by shell? Is it safe? I've written an article about it, and I'm curious to what the community here at wrxatlanta.com thinks about it. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge here, please give your input.

The good:
    Cleans out carbon from your engine

The bad:
    Causing engines to lean out

General Consensus:
    Just a marketing ploy and a way to make more profits off less earth petro pumped

Article: What is nitrogen enriched gasoline?

2. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

I wondered the same when i saw this at the pump the other day.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

IT'S LIKE NOS!!!1!!one

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

is this a gimmick account? All you do is post threads linking to gimmicky articles on some shitty website. Let's see: nitrogen fuel, nitrogen in tires. What's next, the DUBIOUS MERITS OF MUFFLER BEARINGS?

what's the per click rate on your ads?

edit: this 'nitrogen' crap just refers to the amine compounds that have been found in gas for years

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Anything that does this is bad, period. Especially in Subaru's that have a tendency to blow up.

And +1 Nicad

6. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Nitrogen = end of world = sad me :wtc:

that is all

7. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

I have some serious issues with this fuel. Say for instance, your running 96% injector cycle duty, and this fuel bunks your mixture and asks for more injector, say 10% more. (remember there is 5x the EPA reqd amount) Run the car once with 6% less injector and under harsh conditions (my td04 @19.5 psi) it could lean out and ruin the engine. The problem with shells article is that there is no real science data, only marketing fluff. That's what most people have a problem with so far...

As for NOS, the nitrogen molecule is attached to the detergent, which may or may not by an oxygen atom. Shell wont say. So maybe it is nos?

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

there is no science data because it is marketing.

and if this is how you want to be via PM:

"
    *****ATTENTION MR TROLL********
    My intentions with this forum are good, not bad. I simply want to hear people's opinion and feed back on my articles. I see you are a troll, and you are fed. I won't feed you again, so don't bother. I know how to deal with your types, it's called the block feature. That is all. "

my opinion: your articles suck and look like thinly veiled attempts to promote products.

My favorite article, "Tampa's best street tuner: 3gsucks" has this gem of a line:
    "Subaru ECU street tuning is a valuable skill that 3gsucks has perfected. What is your driving style? 3gsucks can tune for it! Whether off road, street, drag, or track 3gsucks has specific tunes that he can setup for your car"

How much do they pay you to write that crap?

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

just made some popcorn. :keke:

10. JDM-STI

JDM-STI Member

Wth!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  11. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lolz will the nitrogen hurt me?

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

all I know is the L has gotten 3+ more mpgs since shell has advertised this. On the last three fill ups with shell fuels. Either use bp or shell.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

First of all if you driving a car that is using 96% injector duty cycles.....you are an idiot.

14. skoloseven

skoloseven New Member

This forum is full of such nice, knowledgeable people. Thanks for your input.

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

also with threads that have no real scientific data...that talk about articles with no real scientific data...that links back to an article YOU wrote.

Your hype-train is now boarding.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  16. XanRules

XanRules Active Member