Its cold weather again... fuel smell

Discussion in 'General Community' started by StarquestAndyR, Nov 17, 2006.

1. So last year I was convinced that by the time this years cold season came around I would have swapped my injectors fo sho!

Well, it didn't happen and now my car is stinking up the garage right under my kids bedroom, so I am either going to have to park outside, or I will need to get this fixed.

If no one know what I am talking about, this is in reference to the 02's having a slowly leaking fuel line between the right and left set of injectors that only happens when it is cold - basically the fuel line going between the rails I think...

So my car is out of warranty now at 75K miles, but don't the 02's have an 80K mile warranty on emissions?? Anyone think this could be an emissions issue? the fuel smell is pretty strong, so it HAS to be depleting the ozone... :eek:hnoes:

2. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I can smell my car's exhaust a lot too, i kinda like the smell though :). But i might be smelling something different than you

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

Take it in. There was a recall for this issue. SoG or any other dealer should be able to take care of it for you at no cost.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

its a hazzard isnt it? i think they have to repair it

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i don't have a cat on my dp, so i can smell gas all the time with the windows down.

6. Nah, this is definitely raw fuel in the engine bay. When I was stock it was there last year in the winter, and now its back. Can't say I missed it. hehe

A recall? I know there was a technical bulletin, but I didn't hear of a recall for this. I'll go check on that. Would SS know?

Thanks.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

someone from SOG should be chiming in soon :)

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

well, ther was nt a recall, but since this is a health hazzard they have to replace em

9. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

i just started smelling fuel in mines........is there really a recall?

10. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I noticed it last night in 30 degree weather, glad to hear there's a possible recall to fix it.

Craig

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'm pretty sure there was a recall on it. If you've got aftermarket fuel rails check your lines, my Vishnu rails use rubber fuel lines that have cracked twice since I've owned the car.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You huffer!

Def check the recall posts :)

13. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

The dealership told me four years ago to switch from outside air to recirculated air, then you will not smell a thing! What you don't smell will not hurt you... ;-)

Now, unless you are planning on leaving your car running in a closed garage for a long time (which you shouldn't be doing due to carbon moxide), I don't think there is any danger of starting your car in the garage and backing it out.

Best wishes

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007