Ixiz ftw!!!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by RSConvert, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Was about to spend some money on a set of Perrin Fuel Rails for my build...but found the ultimate alternative price-wise and quality-wise.

[​IMG]

This set is going on Brandon's (Allpro) build (the guinea pig) and will be tested this week. And truly tested when TS tunes his car.
    IXIZ is buiding one for my build shortly after it proves to work and is leak free. :sx:

IXIZ FTW!!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I saw this setup on Saturday when I stopped by Mings house very nice I am in line for a set.

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

How much of a deal did he give you to post up these pretty pics? IBTL

4. RSConvert

:rofl:
    Same deal he's given Josh

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's the ugliest fuel rail I've seen. Rubber lines? Really?

6. RSConvert

Hey I saw your car getting transported on 20 from NC this morning.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No you didn't. I don't own a Subaru.

8. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

about as ugly as the lines for the AOS...ugh...hopefully it will work better, though

9. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

What do you think is underneath those pretty braided lines you have? Also, you guys do realize that some of the OEM fuel lines are rubber, right?

10. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Ugly? And I do not care what they look like as long as they work right. I am not sure about you guys butt on something like this it's not about looks butt how good it works. Ming I still want my set.....

11. 07Ltd#767

i'm just saying...if I'm going aftermarket, why half ass it? It may work great and that's awesome, but aesthetically it looks like a rubber factory took a shit on the intake. I'm anxious to see how they perform, though, and compare the costs when you look at some of the other rails on the market

12. 07Ltd#767

see...pretty ones, in one of the best looking engine bays out there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Braided lines are worst when its not coated or sleeved
    when debris gets in it and its starts to rub - will create its own crevice.
    The engine bay reminds me of snake on planes movie

The lines were provided by end user all i do is connect them. Besides the most of the smart ones knew about those lines were just for routing - i wont cut them till its on the car. the Smart ones know what they are looking at the not so smart ones just look at it.
    The system will not be available as a complete - will be like a sushi menu - pick and choose what you like to be on your plate. If you want gold plated hoses - just show me the $$$. Its unobtanium for some.

14. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Disagree, I don't coat my lines for a reason. If you want to see how well coated lines hold up in an engine bay just take a look at Eddies lines that came from P&L. They look like garbage after only 6 months of use.

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

i hope they work better than that sorry excuse of an aos you make. This is a very important part......fuel,

16. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Im sorry you feel that way
    hope your next car will take care of you where ever you want to go or not go
    Im sure you will enjoy it - you'll fit perfectly in a BMW crowd

17. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Like i said some worry bout looks
    There are many kinds sleeves some handle better in certain conditions. Read up on some brake braided brake lines and the warnings about them

As for me ill probably look for something that is closed cell and a good insulator. Ive seen some lines under the braid

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

To the contrary.....my BMW has nothing to do with it. I'm not the only one with your AOS that doesn't work. I can count 4 people on this very forum that have the EXACT same issue. Yet you don't try to work it out and simply state....I stand behind my product 100%.

But that's another story. I just hope you stand 100% behind a burnt car if it acts like some of your other products.

19. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Only 4 ? in your case it was more install error the first round than i lost count what i told you to do. Like i said good luck in your future ride.

20. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Youre one to talk...

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I admit the first time was install error but also due to crappy install instructions from yours truely. Matter of fact your instructions changed right after that ;)

The other issues were on the built motor. All 4 other guys here have built motors to and your AOS just doesn't work.

Why is this in vendor reviews anyways? IXIZ doesn't even have the decency to sign up as a vendor for his own cities local forum. Instead he goes to all the other forums, gives freebie parts to the owners of said forums (I know this for a fact.......I know the owner of two of the other forums) and gets vendorship for free practically.

22. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Yes i give a lot of freebies
    in fact almost daily i give stuff away. Im not afraid to say it - I dont need to make money with this hobby

its called mutual respect

23. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

will you even fit in the BMW that you want?

26. slowwrx

LOL, I know all about the lines and the warnings, theres a reason I don't sell brake lines. I know all about the high temp sleeves etc and for the applications we are talking about on a Subaru there is no reason to use them.

27. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I would strongly advise seeking quality legal liability consultant before marketing these.

28. slowwrx

I've got a really good one thats a friend of the family....but if you want the short free version of what he is going to tell you, its...."Have you lost your fucking mind"

Atleast thats what he told me

29. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Better yet, why do the threads from official vendors get shat upon by the masses and threads promoting an illegal vendor get by without any poo being thrown? Mutual respect, I think not. Mutual respect is what our site sponsors receive, wherein they pay to support our site and bandwidth and in return they get an increased customer base. Mutual respect is not a one-way relationship between an illegal vendor and the customers he bribes with free or reduced priced goods in order to write reviews on a site that the vendor is too cheap to support. Basically you're like the heroin dealer who makes all of his money tax-free, and as such doesnt provide the capital to pay for drug rehab for the addicts he supports, get the metaphor?

And do you have proof that these work any better than OEM? the fuel rails seem like the very last thing anyone needs to upgrade and is only a mod for those up and over 500whp. Kind of a ricer mod for anyone with less than a 35R, I only ever had problems with my Vishnu fuel rails and am so glad to be back on stock ones at my power levels.

30. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

what kind of fittings are those?

31. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I guess its all relative. Subaru mass produced a fuel system that torched an unknown amount of vehicles (finally admitted to it this year) and most likely injured or killed people. Every day I get in my 02 bugeye I smell fuel. I have a fire extinguisher in car.

My opinion is that this is an example of the free market at work and I don't believe Ming's product is for sale to the public yet. Like any innovation it must be tried and tested R&D. It still may not always work. Hell that's how most car manufacturers test out vehicle platforms. Sell it to the public. See what breaks and then fix it. I am not making excuses for shoddy design or faulty products but unfortunately it is the way commerce works globally! It's also how lawyers make their money. Like any product that you purchase whether it be fuel rails, government bonds, or Atlanta real estate: buyer beware! Do your research or take a chance. Ultimately it's a chance the buyer takes and that's with anything. This is the reason I don't bitch and moan about my Subaru fuel system. If I would have done my research I would not have bought this car, I bought it based on marketing and advertising, performance and reliability rumors, my decision, nobody twisted my arm not even the car sales guy, so now I have to find a way to deal with it, solve it, or get out of it. Is Subaru a Heroin dealer selling vehicles that are under-manufactured with dangerous design flaws?.....No different that any other car manufacturer really. Everyone takes a chance the buyer and the seller i.e. Toyota.

In my opinion if "the little guy" can do something that the "big guy" cannot as far as innovation and improvement I am all for it. This is the reason the free market works! The last chance for this economy is the entrepreneur, small business owner. It is what stimulates local economy's most and is where any stimulus money should have gone. It is the "grass roots" of the American economy. If the small business man, entrepreneur did not exist the free market and the US economy would cease to exist as we know it.

If WRXAtlanta feels that a vendor is so called "illegal" (which is a serious accusation), why are they allowing them to market on their website?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They don't. IXIZ is an illegal vendor. Let Ming try to sell something here and see how quickly it gets deleted and locked. Ming didn't originally make the original post. But I wouldn't be surprised if he asked the OP to do so.....he asked me several times to review his AOS. Matter of fact I just may go ahead and hit all the sites with my review. It may work for simple setups, or 'appear' to work but for bigger setups it doesn't do a good job.

33. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

If you feel that strongly why don't you take him to small claims court? This would seem more appropriate than throwing around what could end up being slander since you do not have any legal proof that his products are faulty. Once this is proven in a court of law than I would spread the word. That is just me. Accusation are one thing proof is another. That is just from a legal perspective.

34. Shewb

Shewb Member

I'm confused.....So if a person doesn't donate to the site and become a registered "vendor" then they're "illegal" and can't sell items in quantity?

Not being sarcastic, just trying to understand the real argument.

35. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

not on this site, or any other site really for that matter. It's called sponsoring your community.

36. slowwrx

His opinions are just that opinions of an end user and in no way are slander and it would never ever hold up as such in court.

37. 07Ltd#767

I'm example number 2. It's not worth the hassle of court, but if I can help prevent someone else going through the same troubles I have, then I will. His AOS is nothing more than a $400 glorified catch can.

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not worth my time. But when others ask me about it I tell them my experience. There have been numerous times someone on another site has seen that I 'had' that product and ask my opinion about. They also even note that they searched yet found no real review.

Reviewing a products pros and cons is not slander. There are some pros about it.....but there are also cons that outweigh the pros. Like I said, small setups it should work fine. It worked great on my 18g 2.0L. Not so on the built 2.5L and we tested it on several cars of different calibers. Seems once you cross the 20g turbo range it progressively worked worse.

It's marketed as an Air Oil 'Seperator'. In reality it's an air oil bypass.

39. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Wow did this get way off track........

40. Matt

nope, it went where it was supposed to

41. b reel

b reel Active Member

Wow thought I clicked on a Bug Rex thread for a second.

42. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

^^^^ HaHaHa......

43. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

^^^^LOL good one!

44. integroid

who dat

45. b reel

b reel Active Member

^^ it's called the "search" function, should try that freaking noob

46. integroid

I know who Bug Rex is...I am not a retarded monkey.

I just said who dat cause I thought I heard something that sounded like a lock

47. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Threads like this just make my day...:)

48. b reel

b reel Active Member

who cares

49. Matt

shut it, drunky

50. b reel

b reel Active Member

Thread Status: