IxizShift review

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by moose, Dec 28, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, I got my hands on an IxizShift recently. It's one of the several short/reduced throw shifter options available for a WRX. This particular one maintains the stock height (which I like a lot), and has an adjustable throw. Default is set to ~30% throw reduction, which is enough to make a nice difference but not so much as to make shifting a pain.

Installation was fairly easy. On my 05 I just had to unscrew the shift knob and pull that piece of the console off. The stock shifter is held in place with a bolt and nut (12mm); remove these and then push the shifter towards the back of the car to pop the little plastic ball out. Take the grease off that ball and smear on the ball of the new shifter. The new shifter pops in with a whack from a rubber mallet or similar substitute. When you tighten the bolt/nut back, go easy on it--I think it's supposed to be like 9-10 lbs-ft, and if you overtighten it the shifter will be very stiff. Note: some cars (mine included) need some clearancing of the metal frame that sits around the shifter (don't have a pic handy but you'll see once you pull the console); you can just dremel some away to make sure the shifter linkage doesn't contact it.

I have to say, I really really like this one. It maintains the stock shifter look and height, and reduces throw as much as you wish. Everything feels like stock except a bit better; tighter, shorter, more precise. It's a killer upgrade for people like me who like their car to have some nice performance while maintaining a nice comfy daily driver. A+ :)

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

it also keeps the stock anti vibration feature and adjustable to 40% shorter throw :)
    Thanks for the review

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

nice :D

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

Probably a dumb question but would my having RA gears cause any fitment, or otherwise harmfull issues?

5. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

if you are using the stock shifter then the only thing you will notice is the shorter shift with the ixizshift and a tad more "clicky" because of the FREE Ixizclick upgrade

6. cannarella

cannarella Member

I've had one for 4-5 months and love it. I also had to do some minor cutting.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member