James Brown dies at 73

Discussion in 'Music' started by SonicBoom, Dec 25, 2006.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Christmas is not starting out very Merry you guys.. If you haven't read yet, James Brown died at 1:45 Christmas am. He was admited to the hospital with a pneumonia but their not sure if that was the cause of death. He was truly an innovator for all rock, rap, r & b, disco... One of my all time favorites, he will be missed.

RIP Godfather of Soul, the hardest working man in show business can now rest.........

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

considering how many chemicals were running through his bloodstream most of his life, i'd say he had an unusually good, long run.

he will be missed dearly.

3. D_K

D_K Member

RIP James Brown :(

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

very sad indeed.

"Stay on the scene, like a sex machine"

5. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

[​IMG]
    RIP JAMES BROWN!!!!

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

7. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

what a bummer

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Thats sad. RIP.

9. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i heard he was in the hospital, but wow. an extremely talented music artist and won't be forgotten. i feel for the family. RIP James Brown.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Rest in Peace James :wavey:

11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

R.I.P. James....

Mark

12. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Wow. What a frikin mind blow!

Sorry to see him go but at least he lived a good and sucessful life.

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm an Augusta native and I hadn't yet posted because I haven't quite figured out how to politely and respectfully articulate my feelings on him (I think the Augustan perspective on him is a little different than the rest of the world). I can say that he was an amazing musician in his time and undoubtedly had a huge impact on the industry. Rest in peace bud.

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

wow, i haven't heard the news till now. very sad news to hear this. truely one of the greats. as a drummer i love his music. the godfather of soul, gone. r.i.p. mr. brown

btw... clyde stubblefield "funky drummer" is the most sampled drummer in the world.