jim ellis saab

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by droobydoobydoo, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ok so its not a subaru dealer, but I own a Saabaru.So far had it in twice for a whining noise. I thought it was coming from the center diff..The svc. writer sounded like that is what they were going to be fixing. They so far have replaced the rear crossmember and rear diff.( it is not a turbo car).its a 2005 92x.I will let you all know what happens next.It goes back tomorrow.

2. Will, any thoughts....??It sounds just like a bad diff. no noise when cruising but whines under light accel. and decel..

3. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Ive been to Jim Ellis twice with the 92x the don't seem to like our cars to much good luck!

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

That's where we got my brother's 92x from. We've rarely had an issue there.

5. cannarella

cannarella Member

When I got my car from MD I took it there for the first 2 free oil changes. The first time the under filled it by a quart and the second time the over filled it by a quart. If they can't get that correct then I am not going to let them touch it again. I took it to SOG for the changes after that until I started doing them myself. Like now my radiator has stared a leak but I will just go by an after market AL one and put it in myself. They also treated me like a red headed step child instead of a Saab owner like RoMe said. Just my experience.

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Ive asked Kingwrex about doing warranty work but he was not sure if that it would be covered. If it came down to it I'd look in to that.

Cannarella I had the same over filling oil issue when the GF took the car up there.

7. Took car back to dealer today.The svc.manager was there and helped me promptly.He said tomorrow they would call saab and see what to do.Possibly another diff.?I will update tomorrow.
    Update. may 1. the svc manager called and asked if ok to remove diff. skid plate and then drive(Optional, subaru steel skid plate) told him yes please..

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. TheNewWazoo

TheNewWazoo Member

I just wanted to drop in my $0.03 (inflation's a bitch).

My Saabaru's gotten a new engine (at 32k, eep) from Jim Ellis Saab. I found that once I took a firm approach with them, they were okay to work with. Kind of bad about keeping me in the loop, but they did give me free rentals with no fuss. (You can read the saga here: http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=15826].

9. Last thing was they called me today after they called Saab h.q.It is normal for these cars to be noisy.I can appeal when the district rep. comes around.
    I am not happy.!!!!
    they put in a new diff.and it was about the same noise only slightly quieter.now its normal.yet I do not hear this noise in my car .not even listening when its on the lift.
    I am going to see if there is something I can do now.