Jobs that send you out of the country

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Who has one of these types of jobs? Ive been thinking about a change in job and i want something that will allow alittle traveling any ideas on how to come about one of these jobs?

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Who did you knock up?

3. my wife but my daughters been here.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

lol.

5. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Your already tired of Alabama?

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

Sales and onsite technical support people both have international travel, at least at my company

7. As bad as this is going to sound I want to get out of the States for alittle while mainly a week at a time so i can see what other countrys have to offer.

8. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Go to the Lucent web site...I heard from the manager that interviewed me for the Singapore position and he said the job is on hold probably because of Q4 and the upcoming merger with Alcatel.

Mark

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I've worked out of the country plenty of times but as a soldier not as a civilian.

Strange as it may sound there are plenty of civilian contractor and DOD Civilian jobs in the middle-east that don't involve being in Iraq. You just have to get the right connections.

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Also, check out ITT Systems, they are a great government contractor that Robert told me about...www.ittsystems.com. Check them out..They have all types of positions available...

Mark

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah my dad is actually in the UAE right now and Kuwait right before that. Wish I could help you with connections, but it's a relatively small company (or at least people that work for them).

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I was gonna say be a truck driver but you said OUT of the country:keke:

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

drug mule

14. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Oh, I got it! A Drug Czar!

15. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Anyone who has some IT skills should check into being a CPOF tech. Those guys make mad cash but you have to really know computers. I got pretty good at operating the system but I'm nowhere near as smart as the tech's we had.

http://defense-update.com/products/c/cpof.htm

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

look for consulting jobs.

My company has attempted to send me out of the country a few times, mainly Europe.

I am constantly out of state thou.

17. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've traveled to Asia a few times when I worked for a tire mfg. I got to visit the factories in China, Thailand and Taiwan. It was quite a trip and I was very fortunate to have the opportunity.

My wife got to travel to Singapore, Brussels and England with HP as a business analyst on a global team

I say look for a company, mostly on the west coast, that trades with Asia.

18. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I've travelled out of country with my work as a field service engineer for Siemens.

19. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I'm going to try to find the link to the contractor my buddy works for in Iraq, he does really simple work and gets 6 figures for it, if you have any banking/accounting type of experience you can make serious bank. Deisel mechanics are making some good money to, just from what I've read on a few contractor's sites. I'll look on my laptop later for it, hopefully I still got it.

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah man. There are tons of people doing really silly jobs in Iraq and just because it's a dangerous place the employers pay out big time.

For example. There was a guy at my camp that only supervised Iraqi nationals or immigrants from India and the Philippines or somewhere and he was getting over 60,000 a year! Those people's job?.... It was to pick up trash, wash vehicles and do some landscaping type tasks.

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The whole gettin shot at kind of ruins it for me...but to each it's own.

22. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I hear ya. But in one of my other posts I mentioned that there are a lot of jobs in the middle east, like in Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Qatar that aren't anywhere near as dangerous as those in Iraq. Civilians get paid as much as 200,000 dollars per six month period, which only last for six months so as to reduce stresses, not that the pay is always that good but I know if I wasn't enlisted for four more years I'd be doin it.