Josh's 2014 STI Build

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Kryptic WRX, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Kryptic WRX

Kryptic WRX Supporting Member

I bought my 2014 STI on Feb. 28th 2014. I had the windows tinted on Mar. 5th 2014. Everything else in this picture is stock.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  2. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Congrats on the new ride! What are you plans for it?

3. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Immediately save up $4000 and put it in the savings for the new built engine. Nice car!

4. Kryptic WRX

Step 1

I had my boys at Southern Customs add in a custom iPhone 5 holder flush mounted on April 30th, 2014. I also had Jones Upholstery do a custom shift boot and brake boot.

Attached Files:

5. Kryptic WRX

Step 2

On June 19th I had the inside trim pieces paint matched to the car, then dipped with carbon fiber hydrographics, and clear coated. Along with the outside items front grill, side trim that says STI, and the wheels. They were also paint matched to the car with carbon fiber hydrographics. Also had some engine pieces done with red paint, then dipped in carbon fiber hydrographics.

Attached Files:

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

That looks good. Where did you get the hydrographics done?

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

Southern Customs in Elijay

8. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

How rugged are the hydrographics? Will a rock chip peel them easily or are they pretty durable like plastidip is?

9. Kryptic WRX

It is actually bonded with the paint then clear coated over just like the paint on the car. I would say it's just as rugged as the paint on the car.

10. Kryptic WRX

Step 3

Most of the hydrographics are done now. I think I will have my door handles done and that's it. On July 10, 2014 Southern Customs finished the hydrographics on the base and sides of the wing. Also they did half of both mirrors and the top part of trim around the hood scoop. Judging by the pictures I would like to get your opinions on whether to do the door handles or not. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  11. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

Lol you put the same SPT sticker on the same spot I did.
    It does look good there doesn't it?
    All the stuff on my car, and my only sticker visible is a subaru one LOL

12. Kryptic WRX

I thought it was the best spot for it too. Lol

13. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

Ride is looking great!

14. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I honestly can't decide if you should do the door handles. I think it will look good either way... At the end of the day it's your car. Do What you think looks best!

15. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

Part of me thinks it will kinda tie everything together, but the other part of me says it will make it a bit too "busy." DO you have any pics of other cars that did this?

16. Tperk90

Tperk90 Member

You know what they say, sometimes less is more. I think it looks good as it is and it shouldn't be over done. It accents the car perfectly right now. Just my opinion though.

17. Kryptic WRX

I thought it might tie everything together too. I can't decide though.

18. Kryptic WRX

Step 4

On July 21, 2014 I had my vortex generator painted and dipped. Also had my tail lights tinted. I think the car has great lines now. It's not over dipped and it looks classy. Now time to start working on the suspension.

Attached Files:

19. FACE

FACE Active Member

Great looking ride man ! I really like the carbon fiber look!

20. Kryptic WRX

I had 3m protecting shield put on all my side skirts to help keep them from getting dinged up so bad. On August 26th, 2014. It also helps from scratching the skirts when getting in and out of the car. I hate living on a gravel driveway.

21. Wycked304

Wycked304 New Member

Love the tinted taillights. I have them done on my Wagon. Have only been pulled over twice and ticketed once for them.:naughty:

22. Kryptic WRX

Yea I think the tinted tail lights give cars just a little something extra. I've been lucky and haven't been pulled over yet for them.

23. Kryptic WRX

Been a while.

It's been awhile since I've posted. I just got new tires Michelin Pilot Super Sports and I have to say they are great. I also just received my SS brake lines with Motul fluid and Pro Mu brake pads, but haven't had a chance to put them on yet. I also installed some window deflectors.I had Sparta blackout my headlights and put some clearer lenses in and wow they make a world of difference.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014