Just bought a gun and I LOVE IT!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cool_____, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a nice brand new S&W 40. Stamp on barrel says SW40VE. It is a composite/aluminum design and dang this thing is light and talk about accurate and consistant.

I fired off 3 mags in a row from a 25 yard stand and all the shots were within 2 ft of each other. All the other guns in the family would spray out 3 sometimes 4 ft out if you shot back to back. I think this is a great gun for the average person. Now it stays in the glovebox of the REX.

2. Is that the same gun as the walther P99? I know the slide on the P99 has a Smith & Wesson stamp on it.

I just got a P99 in a .40 and I love it as well. Very accurate.

[​IMG]

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

nice pickup...love the .40S&W

I am thinking about picking up a Sig 226 sometime in the near future

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

5. NICE!

Did you get the stainless like in the picture?

Now get yourself a license and carry it concealed. :)

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes my gun is exactly like the one in the pic.

I will be getting my Concealed Permit. I just need to read up on the laws of doing so, so that I understand it.

7. When I got my permit, they actually sent a copy of the law concerning concealed carry with the new permit. I did not get one when I renewed it though, so they might have stopped sending them out or they might actually have been alert enough to see it was a renewal and not send it twice - but this is the government we are talking about here... :keke:

It basically amounts to: not in a government building, and not where they serve alcohol on the premises (bars and clubs).

8. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

very nice. i just bought my 1st gun too. it's a Glock (27 i believe). i bought it used off of my buddy thats a Stockbridge police officer. i just bought a 100 rounds so time to get trigger happy!

edit...at the range of course.;)

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hmm is it legal for my dad to carry his at the club? He is the owner and has a concealed permit and works behind the bar.

10. cannarella

cannarella Member

Idiots guide to Georgia's law
    http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Basically you can't carry at:
    Public Gatherings
    Schools and School Events
    Nuclear Power Plants - When is anyone going to be there...
    Public Transportation
    State Parks, Historic Sites, ect...

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well SC is probably different. I'm reading up on it now.

12. Looks like they changed it a little bit after I got my permit. Doesn't matter though, I'll carry it everywhere I can unless there is someone with a metal detector preventing me from it - cause you know a criminal about to do something violent is going to follow the carry rules... right? :eek:

Whoops, I didn't notice you are in SC - different state, different rules.

13. zigzag

zigzag New Member

Hope you guys practice the prevention of being disarmed and also how to disarm. In close quarters where things fall apart quickly, you realise just how vulnerable we can become.
    Note to self...carrying it in a glovebox while you're in the vehicle doesn't help you in a potential car jacking situation.
    Sorry gents but i'm quite often on duty in the caribbean and it's gets you a bit on edge LOL

14. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Hell yea man. I am considering purchasing an assault rifle before they lift the ban. I can either get a used Ak47 now or save some more and get an AR15.