just got a tint ticket

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by miloman, Nov 23, 2005.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

got a citation and a court date... ticketed by GSP on northside drive... was told that only the front 2 windows need to be 32% or more

anyone know GSPs jurisdiction? im guessing anywhere in GA

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

sorry to hear it. I thought that a sedan had to be 32% all the way around, and only wagons/suvs could get away with darker in the back.

mine is 32% all around.

--
    Brian

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the officer said i need to get the front 2 lightened... so i asked 'just the front 2 right?'... and she said yes

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I guess I would do just than then :) and provide a service bill at your court date. Your car looks badass with the dark tint.

Best of luck with that,

--
    Brian

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks man... and i love the dark tint... now the officer said i can pay over the phone... she didnt say anything about bringing a service bill or showing my car or anything... i need to find out if the court date is optional if i decide to pay over the phone... also need to find out if the officer was out of jurisdiction... but i think GSP can ticket anywhere in GA

6. turbo510

turbo510 Member

They do cover the entire state. Even the county deputies have jurisdiction in the entire state and the adjacent states if needed (that puts an end to the "if I can make it to the state line, I'm home free" thing).

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What was State Patrol doing on Northside ? lol

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

waiting for me :D

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You bandito you! :naughty:

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

she probably heard me coming when i was still on campus :rofl:

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

oh btw, she asked me y my car idled funny :rofl:

12. turbo510

turbo510 Member

Did she use a test kit on your windows?

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah... 4%

14. turbo510

turbo510 Member

:eek3: Is that Ray Charles brand tint?

15. jeb

jeb Member

What tint did you actually have applied. Mine's supposed to be 20% right now but it looks darker than my friends 20% on her red civic, but that could just be because of the car color. I hope I don't get a ticket for it.

16. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

milo, sorry to hear about the ticket. but at least you don't have to redo all the windows.

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

damn dude, did you ask for 4%? that seems way low especially for night driving.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i asked for 5% but the fuckers cheated and gave me 4%... i might have gotten away with 5% but 4% was just way too illegal :D

honestly, its not too bad driving with tint that dark once u get used to it... never hit a curb or anything

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, that sucks, how much was the ticket?

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

dont know... gotta call the number on the citation

21. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn, really why was a GSP on Northside?

Good luck with that.

22. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

LOL, yeah you were pretty fucked either way ;)... well sorry about getting the ticket... let us know how much it costs, that's the big thing.

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i had this same problem in Florida and i actually had to take it somewhere to prove i changed the tint to legal standards. Ive stuck with legal tint ever since..sorry to hear man..was the female cop a hottie?!?

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nah... this is the real world

25. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Reno 911 :D

[​IMG]
    bad boy.

26. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Milo any time you get a ticket you get a court date, by law you get the right to fight it. As long as the cop didn't say you have to go to court you can pay the ticket and be done with it.

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the cop said i have a court date but didnt explicitly say that i have to go to court... im gonna call the number in a week and figure it out