Just moved near lenox, anyone near me?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrCoffeeATL, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Well i just finished moving from sandy springs to The Standard at lenox, right next to lenox mall/lenox park. I was just curious if anyone else was around me and if so, could you point me towards some good places to eat :)

I know there are some tech and emory people down in this area so hit me up! I also spotted two silver bugeye wrxs today in the lot. Perhaps some one on here?

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I work off of Clairmont..But I dont live around there

3. I work at Lake Blvd. Im at the Bellsouth building, and am at Lenox M-F 7am - 5pm LOL So yeah Im right near you.

Houstons is great to eat at, and so is the Ruby Tuesdays. If you're in the mood for Italian Maggianos is an excelllent choice. I take my girl there all the time after work.

George

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

depends on how u define 'near by'... i live in midtown/buckhead area

5. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

You aren't too far away milo, if i correctly remember where you live. :)

Thanks for the eatery ideas george. I LOOOOVE italian. If you're ever bored after work gimmy a ring and we can hit up jocks and Jills for a beer or something.

6. Sounds good man.

7. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm in midtown too, 10th St... close I guess.

8. RADON

RADON Member

Dunwoody is pretty close.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

If you know where Ga Tech is, then you can find my crib :D

10. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I don't think i've ever been to your place alex. Radon i remember running into you at Jax on sandy springs maybe a year ago. First modified legacy GT i had seen in atlanta at the time.

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

he used to live with Hobbits :keke:

12. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i have some freinds that live there (400 building), so i'm at the standard just about every weekend. there are some kick-ass parties at the pool.
    just be careful if you park in the deck cuz my friends who live there has had his car broken into 3 times and his system stolen. if you have a system, DO NOT bump it even the slightest in the parking deck!

13. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

yea i've heard some bad things about the parking deck (and parking in general). Last saturday i was in a double fire lane (if there is such a thing) because the limo drivers took all the spots. I reserved a spot for next month in the garage and have only the stock system in the car so i will hopefully be ok. No visable goodies on the car except for wheels and a less than quiet exhaust. Next time you're over stop by 2201 and say hey. The parties at the pool i look forward to :)

rofl hobbits, i almost missed that :hsnono:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Hey George, are you in the telecomm industry also?.

Mark

15. Kinda, I do work for Bellsouth (maybe someone else soon depending), I do anything from database work to simple tech support on the floor.

16. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Cool....I have some friends that work in the Lindbergh Building. I have been in telco for 16 years now and am ready for a change...you know how the industry is...It is soooo volatile, especially down here. I am seriously thinking about getting into Network Security and getting the CISSP certification. Are you a contractor or perm with BS?.

Mark

Every time I see your SRR wagon...I think about my old SRR sedan.....I sure do miss that 04 SRR sedan.

Mark

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  17. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I'm trying to get in with network security actually up in sandy springs at ISS...if you have any temp work till that kicks in lemmy know.

18. You love Italian places? Theres 2 good places i heard that are good. Veni Vidi Vici and Maggiano's. I need to take this girl i know to one of those.

Any other good resturants? (Doesn't have to be Italian)

19. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I love mehans irish pub. Good food and a nice atmosphere. Hunan gormet in sandy springs is good too. hrm, what else...

20. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

ah so you're the red wrx I see all the time. I live in Post Lenox Park across from that BellSouth building.

But I don't have my STi anymore, so I'm not cool. Ignore me.

Maggianos = Best Italian Ever

21. Maggianos is that good? Then i'll take her there!

Erica....what car do you have now?

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeha magianos is DAMN good, bit on the expencive side, but great

23. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Post Lenox is nice. I almost ended up there. Seems we should do a monthly gathering down towards this area maybe :)

24. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

I have a BMW 330Ci now

Not fast by any means compared to my old STi, but easy to drive in traffic and I don't look retarded dressed up for work in it LOL

25. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i'm in buckhead too, on Pharrrrrrrr, which must have been named by a pirate

26. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I love seeing business people in an STi or an evo. Full suit and a giant rear wing = :bowdown: for going against traditional office culture. If you have clients, i can understand totally

Edit: and if anyone wants to see clerks or lady in the lake tonight (or soon) let me know. Room mates don't want to go see either!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

add dark tint and an officer will be surprised if he pulls u over :)