just ordered cobb headers.

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by feelthebreak, Mar 11, 2005.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i just ordered a cobb equallength header without cats and ceramic coating for my 2.5 :cool:

i also just purchased an sti pitch stop, sti clutch line, sti tranny mount. my next purchase will be a set of cobb street performer cams.

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Sweet, what kinda power gains do you get with those cams/headers?

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Kick ass buddy!!

4. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

on a stock RS the header gained 10hp at redline and 19lb-ft at just 2,000rpms. the cams gained 19hp over stock.

since i have a cobb cai and spt muffler it might gain a little more. but i think it will run the same times as a stock wrx if not better.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thats nice gains

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I wanna here how it sounds when done.

7. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i`ll make a video.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'm a little worried about the headers, everything I've read state's wrx's lose power with headers....Cams is actually something I've thought about...I'd like to know how they turn out.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

awesome

10. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i already have the cobb equal length, have the high flow cat though:cool:
    theyre nice, very nice

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

12. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

they finally came today. :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

13. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

14. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

When are you installing?

15. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

this weekend.

16. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

the sti tranny mount is going to give you a huge difference in shifting..it made a tramendous difference!! shifts are a lot more direct..it does increase cabin noise quiet a bit..makes it feel much more solid..i would recommend this new mount to everyone

17. jasonhunt007

jasonhunt007 New Member

Take your time and try to salvage your heat shields...I looking forward to the sound and power it makes....Have fun!:D

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thats hot!!!:cool:

19. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

no install yet. i ordered a cobb pro-street clutch and lightweight flywheel. i just ordered an s-afc also. i need a few more things but i have to pay money back in taxes and car payment and insurance so it`s on hold right now.

i`m buying cobb spicy cams once my bills are taken care of and topspeed is going to do the install. no point in installing the header yet because it will come back off for the cam install. just have to wait.