Juston Poole and Six Star Service

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Alex, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I have had the Subaru for so long that I do not find myself writing reviews much nowadays. Be that as it may, there are still some things on the car that still need work / fixin'. This will always be the case; after all, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. The particular problem that arose "recently" was an exhaust leak. My compulsion to fix the leak all started with the removal the Godspeed DP and installing a Helix catted DP to pass emissions earlier this year. There has always been a leak between my GS DP and my Cobb Tuning catback. I loved the sound of my Cobb and I loved its look. At this point, I like to think that I have owned enough exhausts to know what I like…finally :lol:. Anyway, I thought I would take the easy way out and I purchase a Perrin catback from Mere & Brian. The goal was to use the Perrin intermediate pipe and the Cobb axle-back. Turns out “easy” is easier said than done. They do not fit. Surprise, surprise :clap:

I know that several members of our community are capable of welding very well. I wanted to give a local shop the chance (or opportunity) to fix this problem for me. After a series of phone calls I ended up talking with Juston Pool, owner of Sixstar Service. I had heard enough about his high level of skill to make my mind up. Turns out we have also mutual friend in the business, cool. Photos at the bottom demonstrating his skill and attention to detail.

I asked Juston to cut the 2.5” off the Cobb intermediate pipe and weld on a 3” flange with a 3” flex joint. I was not sure what to expect, and I certainly did not expect this. It is a great feeling to finally have the Cobb back on the car and to know that I do not have an exhaust leak. Justin was kind enough to install the Kartboy long hangers for me as well. He did this not only with a warm Subie smile on his face but also at a great rate.

Before I get carried away on my bizarre excitement over this small project I did want to plug his shop. Sixstar is an independent Subaru shop whose primary focus is delivering quality service at an affordable rate. They are a dealer alternative with factory equipment, offering all of the same services without the hassle and headache. When time provides, Juston enjoys working on special projects such as this and many more. He utilizes name brand components such as Stromung. Case in point, Cobb Tuning uses Stromung as their exhaust manufacturer. Do yourself a favor and pay him a visit the next time you need some maintenance done on your subie.

Six Star Service
    1952 Airport Industrial Park Dr
    Marietta, GA 30060
    (404) 561-7247

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
  2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

never heard of 6 star service, and i've always wanted to do this to my cobb cbe
    how much was it?

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

Next time go to G&S muffler I don't know how they stay in business they are so cheap and do GREAT work.

4. Alex

Not bad at all, give Juston a call at (404) 561-7247

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

Cool.

They are down there near Mazcare. Mazcare is similar in that they specialize in Mazdas.

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Will they work on stuff besides Subarus? I am trying to find a place I can trust to build a full new exhaust for my aircooled VW.

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted

where is gs mufflers?

8. Alex

Yeah, give him a call.