kawasaki ex250

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Mar 13, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hey guys looking to get an ex250. I honestly would like to know some good info on these and im having trouble finding them. The only place i have found them is wowmotorcycles in atlanta. gonna get one within next 2 months so i can learn to ride. :wiggle:

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I owned one once aka Ninja 250 aka Ninjette..

1) If you're taller than 5'11 or so and/or more than 200lbs, look at an EX500 instead.

2) They are dead reliable, handle very very well, and are a lot of fun for a starter bike

3) You should be able to find a very nice one for $1500 or so.

4) Before you even consider getting on two wheels, sign up for and take the MSF class. Do it now if you haven't; the waits can be pretty long.

5) Make sure you are well aware that riding motorcycles, while a lot of fun, is a quite dangerous pastime. Read this for an example of the fun you might encounter: http://zrxoa.org/03Z1Rthreads/hitandrun.htm

6) Budget around $700-1000 for good gear. Don't ride without a good helmet, pants, jacket, gloves and boots. A generic leather jacket will NOT cut it, neither will jeans.

7) The only downside to the EX250 is that it has plastics you can damage if you drop it. Not everyone will drop their bike, but a lot do during the first months of riding. Consider a 'naked' bike like an older 'zuk GS if you might be concerned about this.

8) Take the MSF class.

9) Get good gear.

10) Take the MSF class.

11) Get good gear.

...that about covers it, I think.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

what moose said +1

This was my first real street bike and I put about 14k miles on it. Great learning bike except for possible fairing damage learning kickstand rules.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

From everything I have ever been told, this is the bike to start on. In a few years, I plan to start riding (too much going on now) and this is what Ill be after. I cannot hook you into any sources or anything of the nature but definately follow Moose's budgeting advice!

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

thanks guys! yea i made a deal with myself and parents that i would for sure take the class. Gear is definatly something else iw ill be sure to get.

Im 5'11 3/4 and 145lbs so i think this will suite me better than starting out with a 600cc bike.

Jt how much does he want for it? im not concerned about the year as they did not change much EVER haha. id like to spend less than 1800.00 on one. Anyone know any good places to look? i cnat really find and used ones for sale.