kennesaw/marietta jobs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Willsanches, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

anyone know of anywhere in the marietta/kennesaw area that will be hiring after xmas (not just seasonal)

Im at work right now, on my break, and got online to look but anything that has to do with "job search" is blocked by the contenet filter haha.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What field?

3. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Pretty much anything other than fast food ha..I'm 20 and starting school in January. The job I'm at now is a temp job, but it's lookin like they want me to be a permanent temp. Not allowed to get more than 37 hours, but they keep giving me more and more to do and I still get paid the same

4. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

starbucks on woodlawn is desperate for new hires. my girlfriend works there.. i know you said not fast food.. its a little different though?

5. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Try the bank as a teller. Easy stuff. They are always hiring and promoting from within.

6. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I've considered them before but I just don't know. I worked at the great American cookie co in town center mall for 4 years and I learned that people are a pain in the butt to deal with when your serving them small stuff like cookies and drinks. Every time someone dropped their cookie or drink, didn't like the flavor, ate it too fast, it wasn't the right temp, their coupon had been expired for a year, they had to pay sales tax, they had to pay for it in general, we didn't
    Sell what they wanted to eat, the mall didn't have a cinibun.. All my fault somehow..I got tired of it lol. So I'm kinda lookin for somethin where I don't have to deal with so many people haha

7. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

have you tried the saltwater store next to fuji hana on johnson ferry? i know your interested in salt water fish/etc.. plus they make commission

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

not gonna happen...but good luck!

9. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Thats actually really good idea, a couple of my buddies I used to climb with work there.. One of them has a SICK 05 sti

10. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

seen it, blue with a roof rack.. love that store :D such eye candy.. good luck!

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah with you're work experience, i'd have to agree with Matt here. Unless you have a degree or some other experience, you're pretty much limited to retail and all you do is deal with people.

working in a bank = retail, you're selling financial services. i have two friedns currently in the banking industry and they hate it, complain about the same things i do in retail. (people complaining about not having any money, blaming them for not having any money, crying about charges, blah blah blah).

want to do something other than retail, get a degree in a specific field. but honestly, you will find that if you're motivated and want to do well, you can move up VERY quickly in retail. I've been with Lowe's for 5 years, and had i not gone back to school, I would absolutely be at the VERY LEAST an assistant store manager (offered that shortly before i went back), and possibly even have my own store by now (in under 5 years).

retail is all in how much you put into it. most people who hate retail are destined to stay at the bottom, whereas those who know what it takes to get ahead (pretending to like it in front of the customer), will go far.

12. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

You got labor experience?? I work for International Marble Industries in Woodstock, GA. We have two shifts: 7am-3pm; 3pm-11pm. I work in the office and also in the back of our manufacturing facility. I can recommend you directly to the owner. But if you're not use to constantly working, this might not be the job for you. But if you're interested let me know, I'll see what i can do

13. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I Appriceate that man!.. I don't know if that would work with me starting school though. And I doubt I have the experience your lookin for. I've done a ton of labor intensive jobs( building, moving, landscaping, ect) buts its all either been volunteer, mission work, or workin for someone on the weekends to make extra cash. Never for a paycheck

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

not sure in this particular case, but a lot of times thats good enough