Key question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Willsanches, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

This might seem like a dumb question, but I was hoping someone could tell me if there was any difference in a impreza key and a wrx key. I'm thinking about buying a Keyport slide, http://mykeyport.com/ . But when selecting a key blank there is no option for a wrx, only the impreza. I didn't figure there is any difference in the blanks but I want to be sure before I buy it.

Y'alls input would be very much appriceated

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'm fairly certain they are the same.

Thanks now I have to have one of those. That thing is way to cool.

3. John

John Active Member

I believe they are the same. I know people buy STI key blanks and have them cut for their second gen Legacys.

One thing you can check is part numbers on AutoZones website for ignition locks for both cars.

4. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Thanks guys!!

And slowwrx, you should totally get one too. I've been lookin at them for a while and all the reviews are great. I probay won't get one until Xmas, but when I get it I'll post up a review, so if anyone doesn't already have one I'll let y'all know how the key works out in the wrx

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Did you see this recently on Tech Toys 360?

I was interested in this as well, but for $70 when all is said and done, I am just not sure. If you get one, let me know what you think.

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Holy crap that's incredible! May have to save for one of these

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

buying one of these

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Just remember the cars with transponders in the key will need that installed in this key as well.

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

damnit, why didnt i think of this. its the same concept as those old multicolored pens from elementary school!!

pretty nifty, might be a cool xmas present

having the rewards card/gym membership barcode is a great idea too. eliminates no only all your keys but also half the stuff in your wallet and glove box

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  10. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I actually found it in my stumble upon. But your right 70$ is a lot to drop on a fancy key chain. That's why I'm tellin my family I want it for Xmas lol

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Just be aware of the keys with the immobilizers in them.

Cool find though!