Kumho ASX Ecsta all-season rubber

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Mad Mallard, May 14, 2005.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

copied from this thread, but thought it'd be useful as a review...nix it if it isnt. :)

-----------------------
    i've had the tires for almost a week now, and because of the freakish gulf coast weather blowing thru, I've but the tires into a bunch sifferent situations. I think these tires are a GREAT value.

Very sticky when thrown into unexpected lateral G's, both dry and wet. When driven agressively, you can feel the grip control as the awd takes affect easily.

most of all, a drive from a friend's house seemed shorter, and I know it wasnt because of the Dire Straits CD i was playing. I'm guessing the overall ride comfort and road noise is much improved.

Highly recommended tire

2. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am going to get these also. I heard that they are top notch from a lot of people.

Mark

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

those are the tires i probably will be getting too

4. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

i replaced the bridgestones with these tires. I do enjoy them especially for the cost. They were somewhere around 100 bucks each (i cant quite remember). But they are a million times better than the stock bridgestones. the ones i got were 225's also, compared with 205's stock. Anyway i do recommend these tires to anyone who is on a budget that needs some high quality rubber.

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

_________Copied over from the wheel and tire section_________________________

I was zeroed on the on the Falken Ziex 512's for an all season tire based on the reviews on NASIOC. The price v. performance of the 512's seemed to meet my needs. Long story short, Discount tire made a mistake and I ended up with ASX's for the same price as the 512's. Result? I am a very happy guy. These are the perfect mix of all season/perfromance /comfort for me. They grip well in comparison to the re070's and the 712's I have. This is not to say they grip anywhere near as well as those tires, just that the performance drop off isn't so severe that I find myself unhappy with the ASX's. In the rain, these tires are flawless. Combining the AWD with true all season tires makes a huge difference. I was hoping to try them in the snow this year, but apparently global warming is real...I would recommend these as an excellent value all season, if you are looking for a dedicated high performance tire, these are not really appropriate. The side walls do have more flex than I like, but this also makes them more comfortable over longer trips. Since I now have three sets of wheels and tires, these will be my winter wheels, and with the long tread life, I am hoping for at least three winters out of them....

6. crash#2

crash#2 Member

tirerack.com has these on sale in 225-50-16 for 60 bucks each. i oredered 4 friday.

7. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

sweet! how long is the sale?

8. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I sell tire for american tire. Just to put it out there there is going to be a price increase this mounth in rubber. But tne kumho line is just a low price line of tires. But i like these tires as well very nice tire.

9. gte123v

gte123v Member

the 235/40-17 are $88 each, pretty good deal!

10. crash#2

crash#2 Member

yep, i just got mine mount'd n balanc'd. then the guy that did it told me to come around the corner street to the main road to "wear the new off" well the new sure as hell is off, and i sure as hell almost got an exhibitionist driving ticket from dekalb's finest, but just a warning and a laughing police officer.

11. crash#2

crash#2 Member

i am the luckiest man alive!