Land Yacht just got a new outboard

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, May 19, 2010.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

That's right, folks, no longer cruising at no wake speed.

For those of you who don't know, the land yacht (my POS taurus) used to not be able to go above 3-3.5k rpm without having violent seizures (yes Brett, joke away). However, it was getting progressively worse and worse, so I decided to change the plugs. As she sits, she has right at 135k miles, and I'm pretty sure the plugs have NEVER been changed. I would venture to guess this as one of the spark plug lines was torn at the boot and the stock line holder things were still attached (not anymore - they're the equivalent of the GBOD). Anyway, new properly gapped plugs (.044) were put in, and THESE CAME OUT. FYI - I checked the gap and it was .091, and that white tip is supposed to be black. Needless to say, she's running like a freaking speed boat now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Holy shit LOL.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted

Ill be looking for ya tmrw am on 285 :)

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Dude now that the land yacht can break 3500 rpms you will definitely take down alex;)

:rofl:

5. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

That just made me think of Brett having violent seizures. I think that made my day.

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

:unamused:

7. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Just the image. Almost like this:

[​IMG]

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

clean your fingernails caveman.

also why did it take you so long to do a tuneup? :p

9. 07Ltd#767

lawl - i'll get a manicure with you later, sweetie

an hour to change plugs on a transverse mounted V6? I'd take that...the three back plugs are harder to reach than any on a subaru

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

try it on a 5.4l F-150. the back two are IMPOSSIBLE to get to.

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll say, last time I did plugs on a Taurus we had to pull the half the intake manifold to get to the plugs back there.

12. 07Ltd#767

i actually tried this, but the car is so old that two of the intake bolts were not budging. They turned on a 6pt socket, so I put vice grips on them and still had no luck. Shit sucked...I was working blind on the back three. THANK GOD for harbor freight's cheapass swivel ratchets...those things are the shit.