Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Everyone here at TopSpeed is very excited to announce the entry of our 996 GT2 in this year’s OneLap of America. The carwill be driven by Leh Keen along with co-driver Douglas Wilks, owner and founder of TopSpeed.

Our launch into the Porsche community in the last year has been a very fun and exciting addition to TopSpeed. We have spent hundreds of hours dissecting the factory DME in order to create flawless recalibrations for any Porsche application. We also have spent countless days at the track performing R&D on different suspension setups, tires, power and aero configurations to ensure our customers are getting the very best!

That being said, Team TopSpeed decided the perfect venue to put our innovation and quality to the test was OneLap of America! Between the multiple styles of racing involved in this particular race and the 3400 mile road trip that the car must endure in order to be victorious, there isn’t a race more fitting to prove that TopSpeed has what it takes to build a street driven race car.

We have spent the last several months designing, fabricating and testing several custom pieces for the GT2 that will be implemented during this event. Doug took the lead on most of our fabrication and tuning, while our lead technician Adam Murawski was the point man on the suspension and setup. We brought Adam in from the FarnbacherLoles race team after their championship winning ‘09 season with the #87 Porsche. He has been a great addition to the team with lots of knowledge in every aspect of the Porsche chassis.

We are confident that with our quest for excellence in everything we do, coupled with Leh as a wheel, we will be very competitive. Keep an eye on this thread for the latest as the race goes on. Leh and Doug will be updating with pictures, news and I’m sure some complete randomness as they drive around the country!

Here are a few pictures of the car and our GT2 OLA build.

Go Faster...

~Team TopSpeed

Baseline Testing
    [​IMG]

Custom Splitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suspension Teaser
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom Exhaust
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheels & Tires
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Setup
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A LITTLE TESTING
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TopSpeed Reserved

4. Reserved For Race Content

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

If any of you guys haven't heard the car yet, it's pure Porsche boxer sexy. Hope Doug starts it up today for ya

Good luck on the run

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Congrats on your upcoming win

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

when are you going to hire me to drive something? I work for nothing

8. We didn't hire Leh, just want to clear that up. He is a good friend and races with us because of it. Just an FYI so certain people don't think we are "hiring" a "pro driver"

(not addressing you nicad just stating a fact so everyone knows. :))

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Doug did some more work on the exhaust, installed it and started it up. Sounds awesome!

10. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Congrats! Can't wait to see how you guys do at OLOA this year!

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

the exhaust sounded pretty nice at roebling the other day. good luck on one lap, i think we all know you'll be at the top. and you couldnt have a better driver.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

it's cool. I won't charge you either ;)

13. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Nice seeing yall again today. The porsche sounded great! Can't wait to see what it does this year!

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

Hey Doug, what did you do the exhaust? You didn't go through with my suggestion of adding chrome Chevy "bow-tie" exhaust tips did you? That would be funny as hell though

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Doug installed and started it up. Sounded SWEET and was spitting fireballs! Doug said it ended up being quieter than before.

16. Nothing like some last minute additions to the build. Here are a few more pictures of the two day countdown.

Enjoy

~Cicio

Keeping Leh safe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OPERATION "NA GT2" IN EFFECT
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok....Maybe not so much!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. slowwrx

You guys putting the new manifolds on as well

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

who built the cage and how are you guys notching the tubing?

oh yeah, got any leads on G50 transaxles? ;)

20. b reel

b reel Active Member

Oh shit! You had best come home with overall win with that build.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So after the addition of the cage how much weight were you able to shed?

22. Well we aren't going to lose! :D

23. The car is sitting at 3150 on the dot right now.

24. Matt

:unamused:

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL that doesn't mean much to me......Porsche noob here.

How much is that vs stock?

26. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

stock 996 twin turbo's are around 3500-3600... GT2's are usually in the 3300 range.

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

your what is loose?

28. Sorry long day. Thanks for letting me know something was loose...I will tighten it :D

29. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Leh is the man! GL guys!

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So am I right in saying that after adding the rollcage the car still lost 150 lbs?

31. Just about to load the car on the trailer to make the trip to TireRack tomorrow. Figured I would share some pictures of the race ready product.

This is most definitely the cleanest she is going to be for a couple weeks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Love seeing Domo on the wing :)

33. slowwrx

Thats not Domo....thats KILL

34. b reel

b reel Active Member

Hey Cicio, do you have a competitors view of the car, you know from the back? I would like to see the deck lid with the wing.

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Good luck guys....today the events start with the wet skid pad at 17:00 hrs. I'm guessing since registration opened at 8AM Doug and Leh are already there?

36. Doug and Leh are stickering the car up now. All I have is cell phone pictures right now because they have no interweb to upload pictures. As soon as they get hooked up online I will get you guys some pictures and an update.

We aren't planning on winning the wet skid pad, i'm sure one of the GT-Rs will drive itself through that a little faster than we will. However the real test will be Road America! :D

37. slowwrx

LOL, Leh at Road America.....Poor Brakes

38. Here is a picture of her all stickered up for the race! More to come!

[​IMG]

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did they trailer the car there?

40. Matt

some of those stickers look....loose

41. I will tell Leh to make sure he torques them to 100,000 ft lbs.... ass :D

42. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Car looks good! Best of luck to you guys!

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Why didn't they drive the car there since they have to drive it everywhere else?

44. Tires marked, stickers on, nothing loose, LETS RACE :)

[​IMG]

45. Tire wear....and so that after 4,000 miles they don't have to drive it home :)

Plus in the off chance something was to happen its nice to have a truck and trailer.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Also what was the results of the tuning on the new turbos? :devil:

47. Its on the DL tell the event is over. Its nothing crazy, but those turbos really come on nice with a great power curve at only 15psi

48. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Are you posting here with daily updates or is there another site?