Lesnar takes down Couture...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BelvnAWD, Nov 16, 2008.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

So, who saw the fight? Is Lesnar legit or was this a case of an aging fighter loosing to the younger and freakishly more physically gifted fighter? All I got was a live blog....

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Lesnar is a beast! To be his size that guy is so fast... But as for being the real deal that we will have to see...

3. I'm waiting until the Lesnar vs Mir/Nogueira to decide how legit he is. As of right now i like him though and would like to see him improve.

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

thanks for ruining it for me. i had to work over night and missed the fight.

j/k i figured he would win. jason has it dvr'ed for me

5. mazeroth

mazeroth New Member

I didn't like the fact that he got a title fight with only 3 fights in UFC, one of which was a loss. I have nothing against him, but it's almost an insult to UFC that a random person comes with very little experience and wins the belt.

6. jeb

jeb Member

Lesner is a beast. Two time big ten champ and NCAA heavyweight wrestling champ. He ran a 4.7 40 yard dash at 280lbs too. I think his MMA skill are a little rough right now but he's got so much athleticism to make up for it. If you watched the fight Couture was easily winning when he got TKO'd; All it takes is one slip against Lesner though and you're out. When he gets a little more polished he'll be so nasty

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

I completely agree. Although I must admit, the heavyweight division has been lacking for sometime now in the UFC.