Lexus LFA Stops by Forged Performance.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tray@Forged, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Look what just showed up at Forged Performance....

East Coast Lexus LFA Pre Production Demonstration vehicle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sharif was given the opportunity to give it a very extensive and thorough test drive. Here's what he had to say:

Videos to come soon...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
  2. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Is it just me or does that car look horrible in that color...

Now in white or black it is awesome

4. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

That car is pure sex I don't care what color it is....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Not a fan of yellow but I'd rock it

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that thing is ugly as sin...

[​IMG]

at Lexus in Chamblee...same car? looks like a different yellow

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Looks like a Supra smushed and altered to supercar stance.

In that yellow.....not a fan.

8. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Same car. Making its rounds around the area. One of our customers ordered one and got to drive it around with the Lexus rep for a couple of hours. Had to stop by and see what we thought.

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

it looks like a matchbox car got the ramrod from a 370Z.

I'm torn on thoughts...cost? I mean, I wish I had the money to throw around on that type of car, but I'm thinking for the flash / cost (maybe on the cost) I'd go an F430 or even 360 Modena instead

Laziness kicking in here, but what are the specs?

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think cost is $350-400K

11. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

200+ MPH, mid 500 HP, revs to 9K on a V10, and sounds like a F1 car.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Steering wheel looks awful, and the rest of the interior is kinda buggy to me. But all in all, the LFA offers up several compelling reasons to consider it as a garage queen if you're in that type of market.

I'd imagine that it was a great opportunity to have that swing by your shop. Kudos to you guys and your apparently strong relationship to Lexus :bigthumb:

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'd take a GTR with a Topspeed package and a Doug Wilkes tune and full suspension over this any day.

14. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That car does have a SEXY exhaust note at full song though.

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

@coolrex I'm sure you would, but I don't think thats the point of the thread :)

But I don't think any of us are in the market for the LFA regardless.

17. integroid

That would be like saying I would take a STi with a few mods over a GT-R. At the end of the day, you are still driving a STi that is worth 1/4 of the price.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It was just an opinion.

19. Tray@Forged

Tray@Forged Member

Today, we had the rare opportunity to be the first performance shop in the country to get their hands on the new Lexus LFA. One of our local clients is a huge car buff, and was the first person in the country to put a deposit down on his very own LFA. Although his custom prepared LFA won't arrive until Jan, a representative from Lexus corporate was charged with introducing a demonstration car to each buyer and allowing them to drive it for a half day. This yellow LFA is the East Coast demo car, and there is only one other in the country out on the West coast.

This particular client not only has done business with us in the past, but is also a good personal friend. So when he called me at 12:30pm and said he'd be at my shop in 20 mins with the LFA I was ecstatic! When the car rolled up, it brought our shop to a complete standstill...

Much like the GT-R, the LFA looks infinitely better in person. The body line is similar in many ways to the GT-R but with a more compact form factor and a tall broad shoulder line. It's physically a much smaller car. I took about 20 mins simply to take the car in and examine all of it's lines closely. This is a precision designed car with aggressive and sharp body lines along with some magnificent technology underneath the skin. From the carefully placed air inlets to the sturdy support structures for the active wing, it's all very well thought out and designed. The interior of the car is all business. Carbon fiber racing steering wheel, seats wrapped in alcantera and all gauges and controls well placed.

After my viewing it was time to give the LFA a well deserved test drive. After a 2 minute orientation by the nice lady from Lexus, I grabbed the paddles and set the transmission to "SPORT" mode. After making a right turn out of the parking lot I wasted no time in doing a quick 1,2,3 to 9000rpm down Cobb Parkway buzzing past a half dozen car dealerships in the process. One word: MAGIC! The exhaust note is by far the best sounding I have ever heard. It's a sharp Formula 1 inspired note, with very little bass or drone. The gearbox shifts were very sharp in SPORT mode but had that slight delay between power application that I've experience before in the gearbox from Ferrari and Lamborghini, and Audi. It's a shame the gear changes aren't instantaneous like our GT-R's, as it would have made this amazing machine that much better.

I kept heading southbound on Cobb Parkway on my way to my favorite "test track" also known as Delk Road by the Air Base. Noticing that my passenger was a little agitated with my 105mph blast down Cobb Parkway. I assured the Lexus representative that I was a licensed race car driver and I knew what I was doing. She seemed relieved and started to relax a little bit. She mentioned that nobody has taken this car above 4500rpm yet...oops...and she was really impressed with how fast the car was. Fortunately, she was unnerved and gave me full rein to drive the car as hard as I wanted to. One favorite section of my "track" is a nice right hand ramp with two sharp right hand turns inter-spaced with two short straights. I dropped the LFA down to 2nd gear and dove in. Body roll is nearly flat, and the brakes are tremendous. With my foot on the floor we rocketed out of the last right hander and enjoyed the music coming from the engine....another 2, 3, and part of 4 and we are 120mph in a heartbeat.

Overall, the OEM handling of the car is the best I have ever experienced. Flat and firm suspension manners and razor sharp steering make this one really fun car to drive fast. The power delivery is extremely linear with loads of power from 2500rpm all the way to the 9000rpm shift point I chose. No turbos, no turbo lag, just loads of power everywhere. It's a very different car from the GT-R; the LFA has a more purist feel to it despite it's high end hardware and technology behind it. Once our client takes delivery of his own LFA, you better believe we'll have it on the dyno, and tested right away. Maybe even a few "track" comparo's as well....perhaps some twin turbos?! Stay tuned!

Sharif

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Where can I get a license that lets me do 120 on public roads?

21. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i was talking to sharif and he said when he got done it felt like he had just had sex with the hottest supermodel ever...

on a side not he also said he could see it more as 100k to 150k car not the 350k price...
    im still jealous as hell!

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

become a police officer.

23. techlord

techlord Active Member

You need to pick that bible back up...you're slippin' again.

24. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

pretentious cock sucker.

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Whatever dude......I'm not slipping. Have you even been paying attention to the crazyness going on over there???.....I have a newfound love and respect for the GTR's now.

It was a simple opinion. Sure this is a supercar with one heck of a sexy exhaust note. But $375K (as reported on google searches) is a bit much for me to even consider even if I won the lottery.

26. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Please I am hoping, and actually praying that one day we meet in public and you can introduce yourself to me since I have no clue who you are...and you can tell me these thoughtful words to my face.

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

we already have! :clap:
    you gonna beat me up mr big man? aw

and I have no idea how you can sit there and write crap like that. seriously.

"it's ok, ma'am! I'm a licensed race car driver so I can do mach 40 on public roads!"

[​IMG]

apparently an IQ test wasn't part of the exam

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  28. integroid

and you two are friends on facebook....how cute:)

29. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

drive near this everyday, you surely weren't talking about the section where it's 4 lanes, and about 1ft between the oncoming traffic. i drive a little faster than average in most places, but i'm thankful for the police officers that make it a point to sit around here. one of the few sections of roads where i'm terrified of getting hit head on.

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Quoted before it gets edited. As a shop owner 105mph on 'that' street much less any public street (I'm guilty of it myself but only on desolated streets) is a :hsnono:

31. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

i saw this yesterday on haynes bridge. literally my first reaction was "eww why that color". it looks worse in person.

but i agree that it is a beautiful car, pure and sexy

32. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Cool Car. Even with the haters, there are plenty of people that would give a testicle to drive that car.

33. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I'm sure the demo was that color Yellow for a reason- to attract attention of the general public. The old adage that all publicity is good publicity seems to ring true in this case....

34. Matt

oh the ironing...

35. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

No, it's just a fact that people that act like the biggest tough guys on the forum, and complete docile pussy cats in public. I'd never lay a hand on on anyone. You should try a little harder to behave on the forum, as you would in person.

And this is my LFA test drive story, so I can tell it how I want. :wavey:

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Trust me Nicad acts just the same in person as he does on the net.

37. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

I'll stand behind that, hahah.. "docile, and pussy cat" are not words I would use to describe nicad's character. :rofl:

38. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I don't know, my cat's a real asshole.

39. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'd bet a 6-pack you and I would probably get along

40. b reel

b reel Active Member

good beer is nicad's weakness that and cheap blended whiskey

41. Matt

and cheap rum

42. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

:squint:

[​IMG]

43. Matt

[​IMG]

44. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Mmm Black Velvet...$16 a bottle

45. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Even Matt Ball and I get along just fine in public.

46. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Every other Tuesday meet is next week

47. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Fucking beautiful that... I really hope I get to see it in person.
    And the price tag is 350-400 thousand, as far as I know, is simply due to the ridiculous engineering put into it. I mean, you guys know I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the hows and whys of cars, but this is Toyota's masterpiece.
    Full CF body, individual throttle bodies per cylinder, limited production of 500, beautiful sound of an F1 with a powerful V10, and the actual necessity of a digital speedometer simply because an analog speedometer just won't be able to keep up with what the engine outputs in its revs and speed.
    Absolutely beautiful.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  48. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Its not 300-400 million.

49. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Whoops... I meant thousand. LOL

50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We've met and got along just fine. :wiggle: