Login problem

Discussion in 'Meta' started by SubiNoobi, Feb 22, 2007.

1. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

The past several times I try to log onto the site it takes me two tries.

I put in my name and password, and the screen just resets, making the username and password fields blank like I haven't entered anything at all. Then after a second try, I can log in successfully.

This isn't the same as when i mis-type or forget my password, because I receive the invalid password screen when I do that. Its strange because I don't get any error messages at all, it just resets.

Again, this just happened in the past day or so; coincidentally I started using the darkness color theme, so it may have some connection?

Thanks!
    -Matt

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i have problems with it too, im not quite sure why.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

are you guys using IE or something else??

5. 7wolf

7wolf Member

it just happened to me

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Its allways happened to me at work(not at home)... I find that if you got to forums first and then login, you only have to do it once... and yes, I'm using IE both places

7. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I am using mozilla firefox, and have been using that instead of IE for some time with no problems until tuesday (I think it was Tuesday this started to happen)

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I have been playing around with the cookie settings for vbulletin basically trying to fix this issue. Yesterday I did something that caused a good bit of links to go no where, logins to fail, etc. It is back to the way it was before currently.

If you are still experiencing dead logins, etc, please clear your cache and try again.

In the mean time, I am still belting out this problem.

cheers,
    alex

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I just experimented with logins under 3 different usernames, 2 browsers on wrxatlanta.com & www.wrxatlanta.com.

What Ive found is that if you select "Remember Me," the cookie will be stored so that it works on both URLs. Ive tried this under an Admin account, a Registered User account and a Vendor account.

The next step is to align the frontpage cookie settings with th forum settings so that one login = one login.