Looking for a job.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Anyone know a good place to work? I'm not doing this solely for the money so i can be a little picky. I DONT want to work at a food place, ive had enough with food places. I want to work somewhere like EB games or something. Soo any suggestions for a 17 year old? I applied to the EB at gwinnett but they haven't called me back and it's been like a month.

2. OWNED JJ!

Watta about quiznos? *wink*

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you looking for part time/fulltime? Best Buy was an ok place to work when I worked there for some extra spending money..Not great pay and no commission but you get everything in the store at %5 above cost which is a great perk and my coworkrs were pretty cool.

4. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

I need a job in May... Graduating with a degree in Information Technology

Anybody's company hiring IT people?

5. Demo24

Demo24 Member

actually I may have something for you. I can't be certain but my school system is likely to open up a position(previous tech is now a teacher). I work in the It department there so I will let you know if I find out anything!

6. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Yeah, I'm 17 also and I worked at Bruster's when I was a Freshman and it was the worst experience in my entire life. I'll never work in the food business before.

7. BigBoosting

BigBoosting Member

Awesome, thanks, let me know

8. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

understand that this 'no foodstuff' mentality is going to have consequences to face up to.

1: its not shameful or degrading to flip burgers ever. If you think it is, you're too pretentious, and you think you're entitled to something you're not.

2: its easier to get a job if you already have a job.

3: i didn't realise how much money i was saving on feeding myself until i left food service. If you're living with your parents, this may not affect you if you don't contribute to groceries.

that being said, walmart, kmart, target, lowes, home depot, etc. Can you speak any other languages? if you can speak spanish, many places will hire you on that side of town.

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i heard EB has quotas you have to meet.....not sure if thats true.

i have been with best buy 2 years, since i was 18 and i have always liked it. thought about applying there?

10. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

If you want a job, just go around to any place that you think would hire a 17 year old. If you go to a lot of places, you may come up with more than one offer and you can take the one you like best. Just sitting around appyling to just one place is definitely not going to get you a job.

11. Chick-fa-lay has that scholorship thing if you work with them.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You can come work for WRXatlanta, I can pay you in Bold User Titles.

13. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

Hmm, that isnt quite the same method that i heard you were paying in....

14. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I'm lookin for another p.t. myself The best buy by premiter mall is hireing and also discount tire on holcolmb bridge road.