Looking for install help...

Discussion in 'General Community' started by jesus888, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Is there a drivetrain guru here that wants to a make a few extra bucks? I'm getting the TIC Super Shifter kit (kartboy shifter, bushings and TIC bushings) sometime soon, and just wanted to see if anyone wanted to install it for me :)

2. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Let me rephrase... this install would take me probably 8 hrs because I'm kind of a dunce, so I just wanted to enlist the help of the atlanta crew!

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Well, we have been hearing people want an install day, so when the weather gets a little warmer, we will probably have one....otherwise, offer beer....gets amazing things done in this community;)

4. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Very good point.... I got BEER!! and lots of company... I love to talk SUBYS!!! Install day sounds good too... anyone up for one soon? burrrrrr.....

5. wrxin8or

yeah....on a night like tonight, no one is going to want to do an install day anytime soon....haha

6. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I have to mess with my shifter too. I've seen Will take apart my shifter about 4 times so I know some of his short cuts. Let me know when you had dates in mind.

7. jesus888

jesus888 Member

well i should have all the stuff by monday, but i'm travelling to KC all next week for work :( so maybe next weekend?

8. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Sounds good, but know this up front. Without a vise or a press, we aren't going to be able to put in those TIC bushings. The rest should mount up fine.

Mpaone has a press. I'll see what he is up to next weekend.

9. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

i need an install day, still have gotten these springs on!

10. WJM

WJM Banned

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! those are my secrets damnit!

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Which bushings require a press?

12. jesus888

jesus888 Member

I'm damn stoked!! Somehow, I knew, that just putting the word out there was enough.... I LOVE THE WRXATLANTA CREW!!

13. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I had to use a vice to get the bushings on the 4 way knuckle in. They are a tight fit. If someone knows a better way, please let me know.

We may have to take out the knuckle and drive up to Mike's house. I don't want to volunteer him for an install day at his place (although his shifter needs some attention too)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  14. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^^I put the bushings in a jug of heated water (not boiling though), made them easy to squeeze in with no press.

15. jesus888

jesus888 Member

i love me some hot-water-ingenuity!!

16. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

won't hot water caused them to expand? I usually freeze bushings.

17. WJM

WJM Banned

it makes them more pliable.

18. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Hot Water and a rubber mallet FTW...

19. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Well, I think I'm gonna be busy this weekend... getting married in November and the planning/BS has already begun :) Either way, I will be in town all next week, how long does the install take? maybe one evening?

20. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

next week is better for me too. If all goes well this could be an hour or two

21. jesus888

jesus888 Member

SCHWEET... next week it is! who else is coming?? :)

22. jesus888

jesus888 Member

Aight, well, here I sit on a Sunday afternoon... and since I didn't plan anything, I got nothing to do :( How about we plan on a day to knock this stuff out, anyone in? How about tomorrow!! (Monday 3/3)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  23. gte123v

gte123v Member

I need to install some springs too, when can we shoot for an install day?

24. jesus888

jesus888 Member

How about an install evening... maybe Tuesday night?

25. wrxin8or

I am probably gonna have a little install day in a week or so...got a set of coilovers going on

26. gte123v

gte123v Member

installing those TiC bushing will take a while, doing it at night will only make it harder.

27. FACE

FACE Active Member

I did my Kartboy...

28. cMags

cMags Member

Let me know when that's happening Brett... I have a cat-back to install and can always use someone to talk to other than myself and the underside of my Subie. :p

29. GeoffM

GeoffM Member

i'm down to help anytime........and have a warm garage..

payment: beer and food...:)

30. jesus888

jesus888 Member

How long did your install take? and was it the full Super Shifter set?

31. jesus888

jesus888 Member

I got the beer... I'm just DYING for time! How far away from midtown is Duluth, anyway? :)

32. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I want help installing a crank pulley!!!!